Maid Owner: Neko!Levi Ackerman x Reader (SnK/AoT)

Requested by AgirlthatlovesLevi

After a full day of work, all I want to do is go home and take out that pint of icecream I bought earlier this week. I've been saving it as a reward for enduring a full week of interning at small, low-paying publishing firm, with a grouchy boss that demands me to do work above my payroll. At this point, he might as well hire me as a full-time employee. 

I continue to rant about my boss (in my head of course since I don't want any passerbys to think I'm a lunatic) as I stomp back home to my apartment. 

However, all my dreams of a peaceful evening goes down the drain as I see a black cat barrel it's way towards me as soon as I unlock the door. 

Levi launches his small body when he gets within jumping distance from me, latching his claws onto my new blouse. I rush to steady the cat, by tucking my arms under his bottom. 

"Oh Levi, did you miss me that much?" I coo, nuzzling my face into his soft fur. That is, until I feel a fuzzy tail whack me square in the face. 

"No, you shitty brat of an owner. You forgot to leave me food before you left this morning...again!" Levi growls at me, giving my face another good smack. 

An overwhelming feeling of guilt rushes through my body as I quickly throw my shoes off and open the kitchen cabinet that holds Levi's cat food. I feel another smack, this time from Levi's paw.

"You're going to feed me that shit after forgetting my food for the third time this week? I want some high-quality food, now!" Levi orders. I whimper at his aggressive tone. How does a kitty that size become so demanding?! 

I can only sigh and lower myself onto the ground so that Levi can step out of my arms. 

"Give me fifteen minutes, okay?" I plead the cat. 

"Make it snappy. I'm starving." Levi says before sauntering to his favorite spot on the kitchen counter so he can watch me make food. His piercing stare encourages me to move faster. 

I take out a cup of rice grains and place them into the rice cooker pot.

"You better bet your ass that the rice is clean. I better not see any ants or even dust in my food." I hear Levi command from behind me. 

"Yes, sir!" I respond as I make sure to wash the rice three times before filling the pot with water to the appropriate level for fluffy white rice in just ten minutes. 

While the rice is cooking I need to prepare other ingredients. I take out a whole slab of fresh tuna from the fridge, and wield a giant knife. Knowing Levi, he is very particular about knife cuts. Maybe he was a sword expert or something in his past life. 

"Don't hold your hand there, you're going to cut all your fingers off, stupid brat." Levi chimes in once again. He hops from his position on the counter and stalks his way towards me, his tail swishing back and forth as he does so. 

I feel one of his soft paws push down onto each of my left fingers so that it forms a claw on top of the fish. 

"That's how your fingers are supposed to be positioned, unless you want to accidentally chop off your fingers. And with how clumsy you are, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened today if I hadn't fixed your hand just now." Levi snorts as he jumps back to the kitchen counter.

I mumble a small thank you before slicing around three ounces of tuna. I season each piece lightly with a bit of seaweed and sesame seeds for some flavoring and texture. 

Now onto the next ingredient: carrots. Luckily, I already sliced off the skin this morning for my own breakfast. All that's left is to julienne them, which I do fairly quickly as the rice cooker rings, signifying that it's done. 

I make my way to rice cooker and scoop some rice into a stainless steel bowl so that it cool down faster. Levi would get fussy if his tuna gets warm, or even partially cooked, by the hot rice. 

With all the ingredients ready, I swipe down to where Levi's empty dish sits on the floor, its emptiness being a reminder of how I had forgotten his meal while rushing to get ready for work this morning. 

I clean the bowl throughly, bringing it up to the light in order to see the shine that comes off of the it.

I gently place the now-cooled fluffy rice inside, layering it with the julienned carrots, and top it off with raw tuna. I finish the gourmet dish off with a drizzle of truffle oil for sophistication, since Levi is a high maintenance cat after all. I even wipe the rim of the bowl, just like those high-class restaurants before serving it to Levi at the kitchen counter.

"Hope you enjoy, Levi." I say as I place it down in front of him. Levi gives it a careful sniff, before sticking out his cute, pink tongue for a taste. He grunts before proceeding to bite into a piece of tuna.

"Does it taste good?" I ask him curiously. 

"Decent." Is the only reply I get from him, but that one word makes me heart melt. Or it could just be the way that his whiskers bounce as he chews on each piece of food contentedly. 

I watch him eat the rest in silent admiration; it doesn't take him very long to finish, but that is to be expected since he hasn't eaten all day. 

I'm about to wash his bowl, but Levi stops me before I can.

"Do that later. I want a bath. I'm fucking filthy." Levi says while rapidly shaking his body as if he were trying to remove any dust on him.

"But, I just gave you one yesterday!" I protest.

"And I said I'm fucking filthy, or do I need to clean your ears out first?" Levi shuts me down. 

I carry him over to the bathtub, secretly sniffing him along the way. He smells like expensive black tea, nothing out of the ordinary. 

I unceremoniously drop him into the bathtub and turn on the detached shower head, dousing the cat in warm water before he could protest at being roughly handled. 

He starts to purr when I scrub his head with shampoo, also known as Levi's favorite part of bathing. I do the same for the rest of his body, even being so meticulous as to get underneath his claws too. 

I drench the cat in water once again before wrapping him in a clean towel. I gently massage his skin as I rub him dry, making him purr even more. The happier Levi is, the better it is for me in the long-run. 

I plug the blowdryer into the wall, continuing to massage Levi's skin, also being extra cautious to not singe any of his fur with the heat. 

I collapse onto the couch for some much-needed rest after all that work, and the stress from my actual job. I don't even have energy left to make dinner for myself. I hear Levi pad into the living room, and silently groan. What does the stupid cat want now?

But, all Levi does is jump next to my body and curls up into a little ball. 

"Pet me. You like my fur right?" Levi commands, but in a nicer tone than usual. I grin softly, it's not everyday that Levi allows me to pet him. He says it's too 'derogatory' to enjoy petting. It's moments like these that make me forget what a demanding cat Levi is. 

I stroke his fur as he purrs softly at my ministrations, inching closer so that he's now touching my chest. I pull him in closer, my strokes starting to get sluggish as my eyelids grow heavier by the second. I can hear Levi's breathing slow down too. 

"Goodnight, Levi." I manage to get out before falling into a deep sleep.

"Tch. Goodnight, [Reader's Name]." 

A/N: It's my first time writing anything Neko-related, so sorry if it's not up to your guys' expectations, but I tried my best! Don't forget to give a vote or leave a comment if you liked this one shot. Thank you for reading! 

Also, I'm open to doing requests! Take a look at the description for more information!