Don't Go: Kazuma x Reader (Noragami)

Everyone in the vicinity could see the light blue shards slowly rise into the air, each piece detaching itself from [Reader's Name]'s wounded torso. It could only mean one thing for those who belong to  the Far Shore: death.

Hiyori covers her mouth in shock, tears welling up at the sight before her. [Reader's Name] was kind friend who would make friendly conversations with her from time to time even though they were technically enemies. She was the only other female friend she had in the spirit world, besides Koufuku.

Even Yato who was previously absorbed in his anger is brought back to consciousness at the sight. With his eyes downcast and a clenched fist, he pulls Yukine's face into his chest, shielding him away from the sight. Although [Reader's Name] is not his regalia, he considers her a benefactor—one that helped him when nobody else would.

[Reader's Name]'s head rests on Bishamon's shoulder with the blade still embedded in her abdomen— right where the name Bishamon gave her is imprinted. Tears rapidly roll down Bishamon's cheek as she quickly sets [Reader's Name] on her lap.

Bishamon pulls the sword from her quickly as to not let the pain linger on for any more than necessary, also pressing her hand firmly against the wound, hoping it would keep the life force from leaking out, but to no avail.

"I suppose it is my time to go..." [Reader's Name] lightly says, without a hint of remorse in her tone, eyes still closed.

"No don't say that! Don't go [Reader's Name], don't leave me!" Bishamon cries in despair, her free hand cradling [Reader's Name]'s head. In this moment, Bishamon no longer seemed like the revered Goddess of War and Fortune, but a child who has lost a dear friend.

[Reader's Name] opens her eyes after hearing her distressed master.

"Bishamon-sama, don't cry, it is unbefitting of you... I'm okay. This is the path I must take as an act of repentance for all the pain I have caused you over these past hundreds of years. If I had only told you the truth back then...if only I had been a better exemplar... I'm sorry Bishamon-sama." [Reader's Name] gently says, shakily raising her right hand to wipe away Bishamon's tears. The blight from Bishamon also tainting her skin.

"No! No! No! This is my fault! Don't say sorry...I won't let you die! You must live for me and Kazuma! Be my exemplar again! I hereby remove you from exile, so please, please..."

Kazuma wakes up from unconsciousness to the cries of Bishamon.

"...V-v-eena...?" Kazuma shakily mutters in confusion. He turns his head towards the source of the loud cries, only to see Bishamon kneeling on the ground with a mop of familiar black hair in her arms.

"[Reader's Name] ...?" Kazuma says, as he slowly awakens from his unconscious state, realizing the blood that surrounds the two is [Reader's Name]'s.

"[Reader's Name] !" he yells before pushing himself off the ground, disregarding the wound he sustained from Kuguha. He stumbles to Bishamon and [Reader's Name] .

"Oh, Kazuma... Are you alright...? I was worried." [Reader's Name] trails off a bit, weakening by the second. Still yet, she turns her face towards him with a relieved smile on her face at his awakening.

Kazuma still not believing the sight before him, freezes in fear. Only when [Reader's Name] reaches out to hold his hand, does he finally realize the gravity of the situation.

"[Reader's Name] -chan, please don't die. You can fight this! You can survive! So please don't give up yet!" Kazuma cries, his face now morphed into anguish. He was about to lose his girlfriend.

"There's still so much we have to do! We need to go to Capypa Land and beach again, go on a nice dinner or even a picnic! I want to have new memories and experiences with you! So don't let this be the end!" Kazuma pleads.

[Reader's Name] 's eyes begin to water as the memories spent with Bishamon, Kazuma, Yato, Hiyori, and all the regalias resurface in her mind. She too wanted to spend more time with Kazuma and everyone.

"I have lived long enough already. I am Bishamon's first regalia so I have far outlived my brethren that have died at my hands all those years ago." [Reader's Name] says as more blue shards float into the air at a faster pace than ever before.

"I love you Bisha... I love you Kazuma... Please tell everyone I said goodbye and to please get along, so that nothing like this happens again. I wish you both happiness and for you, Kazuma, to move on."

With those words, her body completely shatters into blue shards, soaring into the air, like a bird that has been released from its cage...its burdens. The particles looks as if its extending its reaches across the spirit world for all to see.

The piercing wails of Bishamon and Kazuma fill the bloody area, and those that were conscious to watch the scene unfold also sob in remorse for the bright soul that has now moved on.

Kazuma's POV

That's it. She's gone... I couldn't save her...

Who am I to live, to be an exemplar, to be Bishamon's regalia... if I could not protect one of the most precious persons in my life.

I can't stop the tears and sobs that rack my entire body. The memories of [Reader's Name] uproots itself.

I remember how she would smile every morning when she wakes up beside me. I remember the times she would cook in the kitchen for me without having to tell her 'I'm hungry'. I remember the times she helped me train from the time I first became Bishamon's regalia till now.

I remember the time we spent at Capypa Land together for our very first date. I remember the second date we went on where we spent the night at the Summer Festival eating cotton candy and playing games at the booths. You were so happy about the stuffed animal I got you for hitting the bullseye in the dart game. 

My consciousness begins to wane as I continue to cry and think about all the things we could have done. But it's now impossible because she's gone...

I don't remember when, or how, but I soon slip into unconsciousness once more: the only place I can see [Reader's Name] from now on...

A/N: If you liked reading this one shot, please don't forget to voteAlso, I'm open to doing requests! Take a look at the description for more information!