The Corrupt Alchemist: Roy Mustang x Reader (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

"At ease, Flame Alchemist, Corrupt Alchemist"

I put my hand down from my forehead and to my side in a swift fashion, while keeping a stoic exterior. A certain fire burns in Colonel Mustang's eyes as we both stand at attention in front of Fuhrer King Bradley.

"How rare of you to call both of us in here if not for a simple meeting, Fuhrer." Mustang states with an edge to his voice. There's no other person that can elicit such a hostile response from Mustang.

I whip my head at Mustang, narrowing my eyes. I'm not fond of King Bradley, but I at least try to make it not so obvious. As they say, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

"Excuse Colonel Mustang's tone, I will talk to him about his place later. What is it that you called us here for?" I ask in my fake, respectful voice.

If it were up to me, I wouldn't even attempt to grovel at the man's feet. But for the sake of this country's well-being, I will only inch closer and closer until the right opportunity opens itself to me to rid him of his position.

"Yes, yes. I need you two to go on a very secret mission. You absolutely must not tell anyone, not even your lieutenants. You are to search for this woman—" King Bradley pulls out a WANTED flyer from his drawer, showing it us. We lean in closer to take a better look at the woman who seems to be in her mid-20s, her most distinctive feature being the abundance of jewelry adorned on her body.

"— she has slowly been crawling her way up to No.1 on our Most Wanted List. I'm sure you have heard of her, she goes by Miss. Annabelle."

Both Mustang and I look at each other in shock; who doesn't know of her?! She is known throughout all of Amestris who singlehandedly destroyed small villages.

"So you would like us to find her and bring her in for questioning?" Mustang asks.

"Yes, you will both leave immediately." King Fuhrer says before waving us off.

Once the door closes behind us, Mustang immediately turns to me, "What the hell was that goody-two shoes act, [Reader's Last Name]?"

"Unlike you, I would much rather make Fuhrer my ally. Maybe I can get my hands on some vital information that will destroy him someday." I respond as we reach the door of my office. I turn the knob and shut the door behind me, not letting Mustang respond back.

I hear Mustang give a loud 'Tch' before the clacking of boots ensues, indicating that he has left.

I pack my bags and take care of some last minute administrative work; the last thing I do before leaving the office is look into the mirror to look at the transmutation circle tattooed onto my right eye. When my eye is closed, the transmutation circle becomes complete, enabling me to use acid alchemy, the very power that gives me my name: the Corrupt Alchemist.

I meet Mustang at the station right on time as the train slowly screeches to a stop. Both of us board the train and choose a compartment furthest away from most of the passengers for some sense of privacy.

"Cutting it close there aren't we, Colonel [Reader's Last Name]?" Mustang smirks as he takes out a few papers and a map of Amestris.

"Oh Roy, cut the act already, just how many years have we been friends? We're alone for pete's sake! You don't need to be salty because I kissed the Fuhrer's ass earlier. " I retort.

"How can I not be angry? It's because we've been friends since we were children, and not to mention we have been lovers for —" Mustang starts to rant, but I quickly lean over to his side and muffle his mouth with my hands.

"Shhh! Roy, someone's walking past and I do not want our secret to be exposed, got it?" I whisper angrily into his ear.

He gives me a nod, before licking my hands.