Sacrifice For You: Yato x Reader Pt. 2 (Noragami)

A/N: This is for you lucy_from_fairytail

How many years has it been already since I've endured this pain? 10? 20? 100? As the years pass by so slowly, I've already lost track of time, and I've lost my sense of color in this world. With my new master, Shuuten Doji, life is not as sweet as it once was.

His voice interrupts my thoughts, "Oh my beautiful shinki. Come to me!" 

I obey his wish and sit on his lap like I always do. He places his disgusting hands on the small of my back. I wish Gods would get blighted when they sin, but they supposedly don't sin, The number of times I think to commit suicide has been countless, and I always get whippings for it. Like now.

"Ow!" Shuuten Doji roars as he holds his neck, "You've blighted me once again!" 

He throws my body onto the ground. 

"For a regalia so beautiful, you certainly cause a lot of trouble You're like poison ivy, attractive but a nuisance!" Shuuten growls as he proceeds to kick me over and over and over again, only adding to my collection of wounds that litter my body.

I look at the name Yato gave me, etched onto my wrist. The only thing keeping me going is the prospect of seeing Yato again. That is why I keep silent, I only want Yato to hear my voice.

"Get up, we have a job to do." Shuuten Doji says. I don't like it when we have jobs. I don't like to kill people... 

"Kikumi." Shuuten calls me by that disgusting name. I turn into a spear. My design is that similar to my sword form when I was Yato's shinki.

"Ah, there is your beautiful form again. I don't get tired of it no matter how much I see it." he smiles to himself before transporting to the our destination,

Slice after slice, more blood is spilled. I look around to see we're in a small alleyway. It looks like another gang fight. With Japan being much more peaceful than it was before, it's been harder to find large-scale jobs like a war battleground. 

I hate killing humans, I'd rather kill phantoms. But only Yato will do that using me. 

"Hey you! Stop what you're doing right now!" I hear a girl scream. She's dressed in a pink school outfit. She's quite pretty too.

"What do you know girl, huh? Get out of here before I make you a victim too." Shuuten Doji says while he nonchalantly wipes my blade of blood. 

"No... I can't tolerate you killing people. Y-You, murderer! I'm calling the police!" the girl threatens. Is she an idiot, leave now before he kills you too! 

"I can't let you do that now, can I?" Shuuten Doji says, jumping behind her. The girl screeches and moves back. With each step closer, she goes back one until she hits the dead end. 

"If only you weren't such a nosy brat, maybe you would've lived." my master says, lifting me up. 

"Hiyori! Are you okay?!" My breathing stops for a bit and I can feel my heart clench tightly. I can't believe it. My ears must be playing a trick on me, but i can hear the voice I've been longing to hear for so long. It's Yato's voice... But who's Hiyori.

Suddenly a twp bodies jums down from the foof and in front of the girl Shuuten was about to kill. It really is Yato... and a new shinki it seems/ 

"What the hell!" Yato turns around and sees the massacre that just occured, "Who did this?"

"Well, well, well, isn't it Yato. Long time no see, God of Calamity. Don't sound so surprised, you once did this too." Shuuten Doji smirks. 

"You..." Yato whispers, his eyes widen in shock. 

His face morphs into anger, "Shuuten Doji! Where is [Reader's Name]?!" 

"What do you mean? I don't know anybody named [Reader's Name], my shinki is Kikumi. Why don't you show yourself to Yato eh, Kikumi?" 

I change back to my human form, tears already trailing down my cheeks. My dream has come true today.

"Yato..." I manage to choke out in-between sobs. 

"[Reader's Name]..." Yato looks at me in disbelief and his face shifts once again into anger directed at my new master, "What the fuck did you do to her?" 

"She's my property, my shinki. I may do as I please with her." Shuuten grins, putting his hand on the my thigh and squeezing it. 

"Sekki!" Yato screams, transforming his shinki into a sword. 

"Yato you have a gift of finding beautiful shinkis dont you?" Shuuten says, "Why don't I make you fight with your former shinki?" 

"Kikumi!" 

I don't have a choice but to transform back to my spear form. They fight and I clash with Yato's new one. He's quite formidable.

Yato's skills have definitely improved since then and Shuuten Doji finds himself backed into a corner. Yes, Yato, please free me!

"This is for [Reader's Name]!" Yato lands the finishing blow, killing Shuuten and I change back into my human form. The wretched name Shuuten gave me disappears. I'm no longer a Nora. 

"Yato..." I whisper. What will he think of me now that he's seen what has happened to me? Will he even want me as his shinki again? Tears flow even more at the thought of Yato hating me for being the disgusting being I am. 

I feel warm arms wrap me in a tight hug, and a wet spot forming on the shoulder of my tattered dress. His shouldes are shaking. 

"I'm so sorry, [Reader's Name]. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you back then." Yato sobs.

I smile and gently return his hug. It's been so long since I felt genuine love and affection. It's been so long since I've even seen or heard of Yato. 

"It was my choice Yato. I regret nothing.' I tell him.

He lets go of me eventually and holds at arm's length away. His eyes bore into mine, analyzing me. 

He steps away and smiles down at me, that warm smile I've missed so much. My eyes that dried out of tears, flared up once again as he extends a welcoming hand.

'Be my shinki again?" Yato asks.

I let out a laugh and take his hand, "I would love to."