Motivation: Ayanokoji Kiyotaka x Reader

Little rain droplets pitter-patter against the small window pane of my cold room, or as I like to call it, my prison cell. The window is my only view of the outside world that I once thrived in. I remember my hair blowing in the wind as I run across the field. But those playful days were over. 

There is not such thing as freedom in the White Room organization. Everyday, I slave over books, tests, and physical activities meant to increase my mental and physical capabilities. Some may say this is for my own good in the future, which is why my mother had decided to enroll me in this secretive program, costing over a few hundred thousand. 

What the outside world doesn't know however, is that all of this is purely for the name of science, and a certain man's human experimentation. 

The only person keeping me sane is a boy of about the same age, also known as the man's son. The program had originally revolved around him, but sometime in the experiment, I was assigned as his partner based on compatibility, conjured by a bunch of codes. 

Yet somehow, it worked. Just within our first meeting, we were both able to understand one another to an impressive degree, and have progressed so far in our relationship that we would rarely be seen without each other. 

One day, Kiyotaka approached me with a plan to escape. Our discontent with the system and lack of freedom has only grown with each passing year. And finally an opportunity had come when the organization shut down for who knows how long. Hand clasped tightly around each other's, we make our grand escape into the rain and towards the brightly lit freedom. 

I lie in bed and think back to the time Kiyotaka and I escaped from the White Room organization together. I had originally planned to cut off all ties with anything related to the organization in order to forget the bad memories, but I just couldn't let go of Kiyotaka. My heart and body wouldn't allow it. So instead, we both enrolled into the Advanced Nurturing High School. 

Though, I can't be sure why Kiyotaka kept me around when I provide no value or advantage to him in winning his so called "game". 

The peace and quiet is disrupted as Kushida expectedly saunters into my room, "Hey [Reader's Name], where's Ayanokoji-kun?"

She makes sure to push up her busty chest in faux cuteness and obliviousness, an obvious ploy to lower a person's defense. It's most effective towards males. 

"He's near the pool." I lie and shoo her off with a wave of my hand. I'm not too fond of her perfume stinking up my room. 

I wait until she's completely out of earshot when I lazily call out, "Clear." 

From my closet, Kiyotaka steps out and into the open. He crawls into my bed in the same position as a few minutes ago before we figured someone was about to come into my room looking for him. It's just intuition at this point since everyone at this school has some sort of problem and somehow trusts Kiyotaka despite his appearance. They're all too oblivious, too into their own small little world to analyze their surroundings. There's a limit to how trusting people can be and clearly that's the fault with most students below Class A. 

"Thanks. I don't feel like dealing with Kushida today." Kiyotaka drawls monotonously, pulling me into his chest. Ever since we escaped, Kiyotaka has taken to the habit of sticking with me wherever I go, and that includes my own room sometimes. I would say that this position we're in right now happens quite often, but thankfully Kiyotaka has some sense to not do stuff like this in public—although it may be because he needs to attract the least amount of attention as possible while keeping a more open exterior which is why a lot of girls tend to flock towards him. 

I let out a deep sigh at my jumbled thoughts, sometimes I wish I were more goal-oriented like Kiyotaka. Even though we grew up in similar environments, I've adapted to the outside world much quicker than Kiyotaka. In fact, he still believes that results, winning, and manipulation to all be of utmost importance in this survival game. 

"Hey Taka-kun, can I ask you something?" I use the nickname for him that I haven't used since we were children. I see Kiyotaka's normally aloof appearance change slightly as his eyes widen just the tiniest bit, but that simple action is enough to tell me that he is in fact, surprised by the name. 

I feel his head on top of mine as he nods his head for me to continue, tightening his arms around me: whether it be in comfort or not is questionable. 

"Why do you keep me around you? I'm not beneficial to you in any way, if anything I would say I'm a hindrance... a fragment of the past you would rather forget."  

That's when he completely pulls away from me, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion and anger. There's a distressed look on his face which is a very odd look on him considering his typical lack of emotion. For once, his emotions are clear in his facial expressions. 

Suddenly, Kiyotaka flips me over on my back and grabs a hold of one end of the school uniform's ribbon, roughly tugging on it to release the knot.

"Kiy—" I try to call his name, but then both of his hands are on my shirt collar. I squeal in fear, as a loud rip sounds as half of my shirt becomes unbuttoned and some parts are in tatters exposing my bra. Kiyotaka then grabs a hold of both of hands and places them above me, causing my chest to arch up and closer to Kiyotaka.

"Do you get it now?! How dare you say that you're a hindrance to me?!" Kiyotaka yells. I tremble in fear at his sudden change in personality; I've never seen him so angry before. But what did I do to make him so angry? I only stated the truth.

Kiyotaka gets off of me and throws my blanket over my body as a cover up. 

"I'm only going to say this once. [Reader's Nickname], you are my motivation. That is your purpose. I would've given up a long time ago if you weren't here, so I need you." 

"Promise me, when we get out of here one day, that we will stay together!" I cheerfully say, holding out my pinky. It was something my mother taught me when I wanted to make a promise. 

Little Kiyotaka links his own pinky with mine, "I promise, and I will work hard so that both of us will be happy."