Chapter 28

Chapter 28

“Why are you not coming back? Aren’t you together with Haze? What’s going on?” asked Rita.

“It’s complicated. Rita, I have to say, thank you for everything but I think that it’s time I faced what I’ve done. I don’t think you’ll see me again, and forget about all my stuff,”

“What happened, Vanessa?” whispered Rita.

“I’m sorry,” I said. “And thank you,”

I hung up, then I called Daisy.

“Vanessa? You b*tch! You haven’t called me in months? What the hell happened?” she screamed into the phone.

“It’s a long story…can we meet up?”

*************************************

“Are you kidding me? Why didn’t you tell him? What’s wrong with you?” she shouted, attracting attention from other customers in the café.

“I have to…sort stuff out here. I’ve run away, like a coward, but I have to face everything,” I told her.

She raised an eyebrow. “If you’re saying that you’re facing your fears, then what about telling Haze?”

She was right. I was claiming that I was facing my fears, but in reality I was running away from telling the truth to the man I loved.

And I knew that I could not stay away from him. One day I would return….but after I sort out my situation in London.

“So…what do you plan on doing?” she asked me.

“I…on my trip back…I realized that London is where I belong, no matter how much I love the country. So I thought of making a press statement,” I told her and she nodded.

“Yeah…have a great big comeback! Show everyone that you’re a bitch no one should mess with!” she said. “Like Britney Spears!”

“I’m not going to shave my head and start twerking…wait that’s Miley, right?”

“Yeah yeah…” she said. “I have an idea! Apply for a different agency! Everyone will be dying to have you…”

“Seriously? Isn’t that the opposite after the drugs?”

“Nope! The publicity! They’ll love it! Then do a few big jobs, get your status back and write an autobiography and support rehab charities and buy a mansion and get married to Haze and,” she took a breath. “And have four, no five kids and let them have kids and become an old retired couple and move to Wales and_

“I like the first part,” I said.

“Ok, let’s go,” she suddenly stood up.

“Go?” I asked.

“Find an agency!”

“They’re not going to sign me up straight away,” I said.

“You’re wrong there, b*tch!”

*****************************

“Seriously? You’re going to take me just like that?” I asked the manager who was a young looking man in an expensive suit.

“You’re pretty famous right? Do you have a Wikipedia page?” he asked me.

“Er…no,” I replied.

“Are you verified on Twitter?”

“Actually…yeah,” I replied. I remembered the day I saw the little tick which represented me as verified. I had jumped up and down in excitement, but soon it became nothing.

“Exactly. And you’re pretty skinny and you’ve done a few Gucci jobs, which is big. So once you have a portfolio-,”

“I’ve got one,”

“Well, then I’ll get an agent to fix something. I reckon you’ll get a big job,” he said, then leaned in. “And I was wondering. Would I be able to take you out sometime?”

Automatically, I began examining him. Vivid cheekbones, very manly, dark hair, clean shave. Not bad…almost a 9/10. Then I remembered Haze being the perfect 10 and I shook my head, hoping that it would not affect my contract.

“I have a boyfriend,” I lied and he smirked and nodded.

“I had to check,” he replied before turning back to his computer. I could tell he was a love rat.

******************************************

“Well done, bitch!” said Daisy, looking at the HM catalogue. “You did well. What else are you booked for?”

“Next month’s issue for HM and for George,” I replied.

“Wow, you’re actually getting really god jobs quickly,” she said. “I told you!”

“Yeah, yeah,” I said, then remembered another thing. “Fabulous magazine want me to do a piece on my ‘comeback’”

“Really? That’s amazing,” she said then went quiet for a while. “Have you thought about Haze?”

“I don’t know, Daisy. I’ve got to sort this out first.”

“But what about after. Are you going to go back or…?”

“Please. Stop. I haven’t thought about it,” I snapped.

“Just remember, if he loves you, he won’t care bout what happened,”

Ok, I owe everyone an explanation. Remember how I used to update like twice a week? Yeah, now it’s gone down to irregular updates and well there is a big reason.

So basically I have this thing of not starting a new book while I’m writing another one, but I’ve kind of disobeyed the rule here. Does anyone remember Little Miss Perfect? Yeah, I started editing it, and I’m going to re-do the ending completely, so I have a few chapters (5-8) to write of that. Then I have Sunshine Memories, which is a joint book on another account.  And because of this new Youtube craze, I’m writing ANOTHER joint FANFICTION (yes me! A fanfiction) with my friends. And please check it out! The link is on the comments, so yeah! (It’s an O2L and Janoskians fanfic)