Chapter 25

• Dedicated to Abz

Chapter 25

“Our first date in London,” smiled Haze, his fingers entwined in mine.

“I have a feeling this is going to be special,” I replied, with a flutter of excitement in my chest.

“This is going to be special,” he said and I immediately knew that he was up to something. And my heart stopped beating when I realized a possibility; was he going to propose?

He had been talking about this London date during the whole of our shopping trip and he sounded excited. Was I ready to get married?

No way. I was only 24. Haze and I were not that serious. Of course, he wasn’t going to propose.

We reached a restaurant and I made a face at the name; ‘The Slug and Lettuce’.

“Seriously?” I said. “I’m not going to eat any slugs,”

“It real nice inside, apparently,” he said ad I raised my eyebrow at the word apparently.

My eyebrow dropped when we were actually inside. It was exactly what someone would call romantic, luxurious red and gold and white tables with beautiful lace, rich curtains and prim and perfect waiters who stood around with bottles of wine.

A waiter guided us towards our reservation and I sat down opposite Haze.

“Wow,” I said. “They should re-name this place because-“

Yeah I know,” he said and a different waiter came and asked us for our drink and starter orders.

“Echo Blossom,” said Haze and I muttered a ‘same’. We both ordered soup as a starter.

“I thought guys like beer, not wine,” I asked him.

“Sometimes beer spoils the romantic date scene,” he said then leaned in. “How d’you think I did so far?”

Compared to our usually small dates to the pub this was spectacular.

“This is beautiful,” I said and he smiled a relieved grin.

“I’m glad you think so,” he said.

After our starter and main, he ordered dessert which made me slightly suspicious. What if it was like those kinds of chick flick scenes where my ice cream has a ring in it? How could I say no in front of all these people watching?

I reminded myself to calm down. He was NOT going to propose. It was way too early.

I finished my ice cream with no ring in it, but Haze grabbed my hand suddenly. My mind started pacing. He was getting serious.

Too serious.

“Vanessa,” he started. “I’ve never met anyone like you and I might have come across as cold and mean to you earlier, but I’ve never felt like this about a girl before and I think that what we have is special. Vanessa…I love you,”

The words were on my tongue immediately. Finally I could be a little more honest about how I felt about him and not keep those little emotions under lock and key.

“Haze, I love you too. So much,” and our lips met with the familiar but exciting sparks, something I could never get too bored of.

But there was something in my mind: If he loves you, he’ll understand.

*******************************

“Wow, I’ve only seen this on TV before,” said Rita, looking at the BBC studios in awe. There were a series of buildings, each one dedicated to a part of the whole corporation.

“We’re in that building,” said Haze, pointing towards the tallest.

At the reception, a youngish man wearing a T-Shirt and shorts approached us. What stood out about him was his neon pink hair which was in a quiff, with a streak of white running through it.

“You must be Vanessa Rhodes,” he said smiling at me. He spoke in an accent which I could not make out.

“Yup,” I said.

“And you guys are…?” he asked Rita and Haze with a friendly smile.

“I’m her boyfriend,” said Haze.

“And I’m a friend,” said Rita.

The pink haired guy’s eyes were on Haze. “Damn it, you’re straight”

Haze’s eyes popped out in surprise. “I…um…yeah,”

“Oh well, plenty more fish in the sea,” said Pink Haired guy with a wink. “Oh, I apologize for not introducing myself. I’m Finn and if you hadn’t noticed my accent, I’m from Finland. Finn from Finland”

I smiled at him.

“I’m your tour guide,” he said.

“By the way, you look kind of familiar,” he said to me.

I shrugged. “Must be mistaken for someone else,”

**************************************

So, that’s it. It’s quite short, but this was like a bonus update because it’s unlikely that I am doing an update on Saturday.

Also, a shoutout to FINN FROM FINALND!!!! The person who inspired me- you know who you are!

And finally, everyone please comment HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABZ below because it’s my beffie’s birthday tomorrow, so if you are reading this A/N please comment HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABZ.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABZ!

p.s I'm such an idiot, when I did the dedication, I typed in the e-mail address into the name box so it kept poppoing up as an invalid email so I got too frustrated with the computer...