Epilogue

The Bleeding Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Epilogue

8 years later

“I now pronounce you husband and wife,” the minister said.  “You may kiss the bride.”

Cheers erupted in the crowd as the groom in his white suit, lifted his bride’s veil over her face.  The bride blushed as red as the bouquet of roses she had in her hands.  Slowly, the groom put a warm hand on his bride’s cheek and lowered his lips to meet hers.

What a beautiful time to get married, Eugenie mused to herself from the back, smiling at the couple under the huge arch of flowers and vines.  You really know how to pick your dates, Adrian…though I think it was Princess Erielle who chose a springtime wedding.

Eugenie then caught Anne Levington’s gaze.  Anne was standing beside the princess, serving as the bride’s maid-of-honor.  Anne gave Eugenie a warm smile to which Eugenie returned with a smile of her own.

When the newly wed couple parted, they laughed as confetti and flower petals showered them from head to toe.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

The huge courtyard was decorated beautifully by the staff, supervised personally by Queen Riza and Princess Erielle.  The tall trees and bushes were filled with small lights, giving a radiant, sparkling effect.  White satin cloths hanged from the sides and strings of flowers were hanging from the top.  White tables and chairs were all around the place with orchids in large vases as the centerpiece, rose petals surrounding it.  In the middle of the courtyard was a large space for the dance floor and a quartet was playing their instruments at one side.  On an elevated platform was a table decorated in flowers with an arch behind it, two chairs quietly sitting behind the table, reserved for the bride and groom.

The reception took place in the evening and soon after the wedding, the guests transferred to the courtyard where dinner would be served.

The guest list was composed mostly of the friends of the bride and groom while the other nobles from other kingdoms were given less importance, invited only for the sake of formalities.  Knights were still stationed all over the perimeter but certain knights were treated as guests since they’re close friends with both the bride and groom.  Such knights were Keith Raleigh, Franchesca Bradley and Veronica de Roquefort.  General Lance Bale was also invited as a guest.

Almost all scholars were in attendance, of course, starting from Head Scholar Jeremie Bale to the faculty and to some of the students of Adrian Levi in his years of teaching in the Academia.  An invitation was sent to Prisle, addressed to Eugenie Rennes as well although Adrian wasn’t exactly expecting her to go to the wedding.

Their friends from other kingdoms were also requested to attend.  Evangeline Seychelles, for instance, who frequented Orion a few times after the whole chaos that happened seven years ago, was invited.  Princesses Denise and Athena of Aria and Titus, respectively, were invited as well, along with their families.

Before the bride and groom made their appearance, champagne was served to the many guests.  Elysia Raleigh (nee Scott), sat grumpily in one of the seats of the table closest to the table for the bride and groom.  She huffed, glaring at the glass of champagne in Franchesca Bradley’s hands.

She crossed her arms, “Are you teasing me, Franchesca?”

“I wouldn’t dream of it,” Franchesca rolled her eyes, taking a sip of her champagne.