Chapter 11

On the side is Nicole Gale Anderson as Princess Erielle Cornwall! =)))

The Bleeding Heart

Chapter 11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Mom!” an eight year old girl sprinted through the halls of the castle, wanting to reach her mother.  “Mommy!”

“Nadyn,” Christie Jameson knelt down, opening her arms to the little girl.  Young Nadyn smiled brightly at her mother, “The cocoon of the caterpillar just hatched, Mommy!  And then there was this beautiful butterfly.  It was blue and green and yellow with tiny blackish spots!  It was so pretty!”

“Really now,” Christie smiled, patting Nadyn on the head.  “Well that’s great.  You’ve been waiting for some time now to see a butterfly come out of the cocoon, haven’t you?”

“Yes, Mommy.”

“But honey,” Christie said.  “You should never run around and shout in the halls of the castle.  It is distracting to those who are working and to the royal family.”  And for the first time, Christie motioned the presence of then Princess Elizabeth Cornwall.

“Oh,” Nadyn quickly stepped out of her mother’s embrace and curtsied.  “Pardon me, your Highness.”

“Oh, it’s fine,” Riza waved her hand and knelt down to Nadyn’s level.

“Careful, Princess,” Christie cautioned her, motioning to her swelling stomach.

“Don’t worry,” Riza said dismissively, patting Nadyn on the head and then caressing her cheek.  Nadyn gave her a toothy grin, enjoying the cuddle greatly.  She had always liked Princess Riza.  “And Christie, let Nadyn have her fun.  It gets quite lonely and quiet in the castle and I’m certain that the others would appreciate the little antics of children.”

Christie nodded, “Well…”

Riza winked at the little girl, “And besides, this little baby in my tummy would need a lively playmate, now wouldn’t he?”

Nadyn jumped in excitement and clapped her hands.  Christie and Riza laughed, with the former saying, “If your Highness puts it that way…”

“Playmate!” Nadyn cheerfully exclaimed.  “I get a playmate!”

Christie then wrapped her arms around her daughter and lifted her up, kissing her lightly on the nose causing Nadyn to giggle.  “Nadyn would get her playmate soon, won’t she, your Highness?”

Riza nodded, laughing, “Yes, just nine weeks more.  For now, why don’t we have some tea?  I have just asked Reena to get some oatmeal cookies.  They’re your favorite, aren’t they, Nadyn?”

“Yes!” Nadyn nodded furiously.  “Oatmeal Cookies!”

“Come, little one,” Christie coddled.  “Let’s get you something to eat.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was Nadyn’s last memory of her mother before she was pierced in the heart by an arrow that evening.  But young Nadyn Jameson wasn’t told of her passing until days later when the Princess Riza told her.  She didn’t cry that time because she knew almost nothing of death; or maybe it was because of shock?  She didn’t know.

The princess had told her that she’d try her best to be her mother now that Christie Jameson was gone.  It was only after a few weeks later that Nadyn realized that she was alone.  Her father died when she was four because of an ailment that had been rampaging in their home village at that time.  And despite having then Princess Riza’s love and kindness, she could not feel more lonely and afraid.  She never knew why her mother was shot and she had been afraid to ask, afraid of the horrors that she’d face when she did.  Even until now, at twenty-six years old, she was horrified and traumatized.  Deep inside, she still was the young, innocent Nadyn Jameson, orphaned at the age of eight, not wanting to know the nightmares of reality.