Chapter 20

Pic of Blake Lively as Veronica de Roquefort! =)))

The Bleeding Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 20

The hand holding the paint brush was in mid air, as if contemplating to itself whether or not to paint on the clean canvas in front of it.  A few moments later, however, the owner of the hand sighed and with a swift move of her wrist, smeared the canvas with a bright blue color.

She coated the tip of the brush with white paint, coloring over the blue, forming clouds in the sky.  She dabbed the brush with blue again, and then white and repeated the process until she was contented with her sky.

“Skies again?” a voice spoke behind her.  She turned her head towards the voice to find her mother smiling gently.

“They…make me calm, somehow,” she replied.  “I know that I’ve been painting skies these days…but…”

“Well, skies or otherwise, your painting is beautiful, as always,” her mother beamed at her proudly.  “Maybe you should paint something for Princess Erielle as a birthday gift from the whole family.  What do you think, Richelle?”

Richelle shrugged, “That’s fine, I guess.  I’m not sure though if my paintings are good enough…”

“Nonsense!” her mother dismissed.  “You are one of the greatest artists in Orion.  Even the queen herself praised you for your work.  I am sure that Princess Erielle will love it.”

“Alright then,” Richelle nodded slowly.  “I’ll paint a portrait of Princess Erielle then, Mother?”

“Yes,” her mother said, smiling widely.  “That would be perfect!”

Richelle turned back to her painting of clouds just after her mother shut her studio door behind her.  She put aside the painting, leaning it against a stack of previously finished paintings.  She then chose a large canvas and put it on the large wooden easel.

She sat before it, thinking of how to paint the princess.  Standing up?  Or sitting down, perhaps?  Up close or far away?  Doing something or the standard posing for a portrait, like Mona Lisa?

After settling on how to paint the esteemed princess, Richelle’s mind started to wander about the events that transpired yesterday.  Maybe she shouldn’t have avoided the question.  A lot of people had asked that very question but for some reason, it had only been towards Princess Denise that she averted her gaze and refused to answer the question.  It was only to her that she had not able to say the truth and she wondered why.

A proper apology was in order, she supposed.  It was a princess that she ran off from, after all.  Her mother would skin her alive if she found out…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

“Oh, that is such a gorgeous dress you’re wearing!” Trisha gushed as Princess Erielle came out of the dressing room.

She wore a strapless sky blue dress with satin and chiffon overlaying one another.  The bodice and along the lines of the skirt had intricate beading, giving the dress a radiant glow and spark, especially in the light.  The light and loose layers of the skirt created a floating effect, making Erielle look like an angel.

“It does highlight your curves,” Anne mused, tilting her head. 

Erielle’s cheeks turned scarlet, “Do you really think so?”

“You look beautiful, Honey,” Riza smiled down at her daughter, fixing the back of her bodice.  “It’s not too tight, now, is it?”

“Uh, no, no,” Erielle shook her head.  “It fits perfectly, actually.”