Chapter Nineteen

ChapterNineteen

Mysti:

"I'm not saying anything," What did he mean by that? We sat for a while, I was thinking over today's events. Unimaginable. I haven't told him that I heard and saw everything, everyone. But if he isn't saying anything then neither shall I. I snuggled in closer then saw it was nearly six and I realised who I was cuddling.

"I er-" I moved away awkwardly and he stood up and ruffled his hair, "I gotta start dinner-" he mumbled through my words-yeah and alright etc, "Mum will be home soon,"

"Yeah right well I should be-" he was saying when I grabbed his arm,

"No," I let go and he turned fully to me looking into my eyes, "I mean you can stick around a while,"

"Really?" he enthused "Okay I will," he smiled and I smiled back, I went over into the kitchen he followed.

Jacob:

She asked me to stay? Great! I followed her to the kitchen when Luna turned up,

"Jake come back, Ashmir needs to talk to you," she instructed

"Oh hi Luna," Mysti greeted, "You have to go?"

Luna waited outside the window, I walked over to Mysti had my hand out for a hand shake when she came and hugged me, "Hey, I'll come back, later yeah? I'll knock on your window,"

"Yeah okay, not too late Jake," She moved away and continued what she was doing, I gave her my salute and she waved me goodbye, me and Luna were flying back, invisibly.

"You are lots in of trouble Jacob, but I made it as easy as I could for you" I had forgotten about that, what can I do? What if I can't go back to see her? What was to happen?

We had reached the cavern and we walked in, in silence.

"Jacob, you're back! How was the girl?" Jolee inquired, Luna muttered something unintelligible,

"She's okay Jolee, Noir and Ashmir didn't do any damage" I replied as we went into a friendly hug, Jolee was colder than Mysti and her light grey jumper.

"Ah Jacob, come we ,must talk." Ashmir had materialized I gulped down the nervousness, we went into Ashmirs grand office, filled with tonnes of books about everyone of us and other stories to pass the time. The stories about us all were on one shelf, Ashmir's books grey, Moros' White, Jolee's green like her dress, Luna's Gold, Noir's (were there sadly) black and Mine, deep blue like my jeans.

"Jacob, you have to-" He started

"I know I'm sorry, Its just-" I rambled

"Jacob, JACOB!-" He stopped me "You have to protect her, if she has something that Noir wants you need to protect her, even if that thing is you." She doesn't hav- I don't get owned. Protect her? He was going against what he said knowing my feelings and- I could spend more time with her, learn about what makes her tick, makes her mad, happy, laugh, and protect her from the wretched Noir. Doing my Job. I felt a smile spread across my face, Ashmir put his hand on my shoulder.

"But , dear Jacob, nothing can happen between you, you know that and I know that you don't listen to me, but please do this time. I don't want to get all shouty at you, I'm not in the mood, I have talked to Noir. I have missed him, you know, before he became who he was, he was delightful, wise and kind. Much like Moros, but I suppose the Entity master decided I-we eventually- needed an opposition. And him to be my ow-"He stopped and saw me listening intently, entity master? That must be who decides our powers, and Noir was his own...what?

"Your own what Ashmir?"I inquired I moved over to his desk where he had gone to sit at while he was talking,

"Nothing Jacob, I think I had said enough. You are allowed to go back. By me" He gave his order and I was delighted to accept it! I flew out the office with a smile on my face, Luna looked up, like 'Whats gotten into him? what did he say?' I suppose Luna expected something different from Ashmir, maybe so then she could have me all the time, I'm sure they will all miss my absence It was 20:00 when I reached Mysti's window, after spreading a bit of wind around.