45| Rip x reader

Comfort

A week. That's how long you've been stuck on this ship with the company of Mick Rory. You got pestered by the rest of the team to talk to him because you were the closest to him. You roll your eyes at Ray when pushes you towards his office.

You stood at the doorway to see a recording of his wife and son playing. He had tears going down his face and he looked like shit. He didn't notice you at the door so you did a small cough to grab his attention. He looked at you and stopped the recording and started getting up.

"I was just checking my notes about Savage" he lies, picking up pieces of paper on his desk. All you could do was bring him into a hug. He was shocked at first and he hugged you back, putting his head in the crook of your neck.

"We're going to save them Rip" you tell him "we're going to bring your family back" you continue "but please, can we do something because we've been stuck on this ship for a week" you finish. Rip pulls away and a shocked expression was resting on his face.

"A week?" He asks. You nod your head in reply.

"And the team is getting restless" you add from your previous statement. Soon, a blaring noise filled the ship and it hurt your ears.

"Gideon, what is that?" Rip asks, turning the sound of. You sigh and massage your ears.

"We're under attack captain" Gideon replied.

'Finally, something' you thought to yourself.