GRADUATE AND SNOW

Yoongi kissed Jimin's forehead in a comforting manner, letting the latter hug him so tight that he could barely breath out a word, but he didn't move anyway. Jimin was his priority and Yoongi's own survival ranked up to the second place. They sat on the sofa in Yoongi's living room, and had been there for almost half an hour.

"it's okay, Jiminnie" Yoongi muttered. "what happened?"

"n-nothing" Jimin's voice was unsteady, the words barely recognizable. "but I-I hate school..."

"why do you hate school if nothing happened?" Yoongi inquired.

"b-because it was so... stressful!" Jimin's words vibrated on his chest, Yoongi liked the feeling, but now really wasn't the time to be thinking about that. "I can't help it. I just feel hopeless!"

"Jimin, you did perfectly fine today. You can do this" Yoongi assured the trembling younger. Jimin sighed. Yoongi didn't get it. He thought that he was still afraid of interacting, but that wasn't it at all. He could talk. He didn't mind talking now. But it was school. He hated those six letters and everything remotely related to it.

"hyung, it's not that I don't want to see other people" Jimin confessed, fingers clutching on to Yoongi's shirt. "it's just that I hate school"

"but why?" Yoongi asked, puzzled. "it's just a place with a lot of students"

"I-I can't say..."Jimin trailed off, wincing as the memories bought over new waves of pain and terror.

"is it why this happened to you? The reason behind this?" Yoongi softly asked, noticing the younger's wincing. Jimin nodded.

"I've been meaning to ask you Jimin" Yoongi reluctantly asked, and paused for a reply from Jimin. The latter slightly nodded again and taking that as a 'yes' Yoongi continued. "do you trust me enough to tell me the reason?"

It wasn't the trust. It really wasn't. It was the harshness of the past. Th pain and sorrow he had felt. The agony he had gone through. The depression he had fallen to. And retelling the story would only result in his anxiety brought back. He didn't want to remember. And when Yoongi put it in a question like that, it hurt Jimin. He trusted Yoongi, but the pain he felt was more. Yoongi was disappointed when Jimin didn't reply, but shook his head firmly. They had just started dating, and he couldn't push the boy to all sorts of things he wanted complete.

"hyung...it-it's not that I don't trust you" Jimin spoke up, his voice so low that Yoongi could barely hear the words. "but I-I don't want to...remember it again...I just..."he faltered, tears pooling in his eyes.

Yoongi couldn't help but feel relief at the words.  "hush, Jimin, you don't have to tell it" Jimin sniffled quietly, pressing himself against Yoongi more, seeking comfort that he much wanted.

"i'll be waiting though" Yoongi added. "you can tell me whenever you like, i don't mind"

"th-thanks hyung..."

** ** ** ** **

White, beautiful shapes began descending on the ground as time passed, and winter settled in on them, piling up the ground in white sheets of snow. The air grew colder and colder as the seconds wore on, the trees, buildings, everything looking frosty and pale with snow all over them.

Several uneventful months had passed, and it was finally the end to a roller coaster of an year. Jin, the head boy and the oldest of the gang was a graduate, fresh off high school in that passed June. He, unusually for him, found himself the centre of attention that night, partying with the annoying younger friends of his. Of course he had given an emotional speech about missing the colleagues of his, and how they were all now off to do a stable carrier and all that tosh. And he found himself wasted away again by beer at half past ten at Yoongi's house. This time, with a shocked Jimin in the picture.

And they were yet again in a familiar feast. Even Jin found time to come, although his work usually cut in with his needs of getting together with his friends.

"FIVE!"

What was even more shocking was that Jimin was drunk. Face flushed, laughing maniacally but yet managing to look cute, messy hair and drunkenly gazing at Yoongi at the same time. Which made Jin think how they kept up their self control at times like this.

"FOUR!"

Taehyung grabbed Jungkook in for a sloppy kiss, a beer in his hand. Even though it was too early to be kissing.

"THREE!"

Hoseok got up and did a weird, shitty dance, yelling out rude words.

"TWO!" 

Jin took a deep breath.

"ONE!"

"HAPPY FUCKING NEW YEAR!!!"

Jimin yanked Yoongi in for a kiss, almost knocking the older over in the process. The Taekook couple once again kissed, making the single human beongs want to complain and fpr most the part, puke. Then they all whooped in joy and threw, as usual, whatever they had in their hands.

And this, Jimin drunkenly smiled, was my best year ever.