THE DOCTOR

I am so sorry for not updating. School started and mom was growling over about how much time I waste on the laptop.

Anyway, I have to apologize for something else. See, I have no idea of how high schools work, since the schooling system in my country is entirely different. I actually didn't know that there was a junior year and I am so sorry.

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOONGI AND HOSEOK ARE JUNIORS AND NOT SENIORS.

sorry again.

************

"Park Jimin, are you fucking crazy?!"

The question kept ringing in Jimin's mind like some annoying alarm with a broken snooze button. He stared at the door in front of him, painted in white, with a big board holding some letters. They were as big as anything, but to Jimin, the letters floated around in pointless circles, unable to form one meaningful word.

His knees were knocking, his whole body shaking as if Jimin was sitting on a vibrating chair on full level. His head wasn't functioning, his brain kept telling him to run away.

Jimin felt crazy. He felt so panicked that his nerves weren't responding.

The angry question had been aimed at Jimin from Yoongi, when the younger had admitted that he actually hadn't been to the hospital or had taken any medicine for his problem.  It wasn't just the question, but also a slap, that hurt Jimin so much that he felt tears running down his numb cheek. However, Jimin couldn't, however much he tried, hate Yoongi for it. In fact, it left a trail of like for the older.

Sweat was flowing down his neck, and his chest tightened up. He hadn't been in the public for so long. He was inwardly having a huge panic attack. His mind was yelling, hollering at him to go. 

But he didn't.

Because of one simple fact: Yoongi.

Jimin was holding on to Yoongi's hand so tightly that he was sure that the older was going to have bruises on his pale hand. 

"Its okay" Yoongi muttered, reassuringly.

Jimin tried to say something but his vocals chords weren't simply responding. He squeezed Yoongi's hand more in response.

Jimin was scared of the people moving around him. Of course he knew that no one was a danger, but his brain was yelling otherwise. And it was very loud and convincing too. And that was a bummer. He heard the footsteps, the conversations, the laughs all too clearly and it was like a drilling noise to him. All was so loud.

"are you ready?" Yoongi asked. The older had dragged Jimin, despite the younger's protests and sobbing. Yet he didn't want to force Jimin to go inside the room. Jimin would see it, and Yoongi strongly believed that Jimin could see that this was the best option for him.

Jimin wanted to say no. Of course he wasn't ready. He would never be ready.

But having Yoongi beside him made him want to be strong. Build up the courage to face his misery.

"y-y-y-yes..." his word was almost incoherent, but Yoongi was used to Jimin's stuttering, so he could process the word easily enough.

"you'll be fine Jimin. Trust me"

And strangely enough, Jimin did.

Yoongi opened the door and led Jimin inside before coming in himself. The room was bare and white with various diagrams of the human body flowing through the wall. It was honestly so scary that even Yoongi was spooked out a bit.

"what's the patient's name?"

The voice loomed in on them so suddenly that they both winced. Yoongi recovered quickly.

"Park Jimin"

Jimin crouched behind Yoongi, trembling.

"age?"

The disembodied voice was freaking out Yoongi too. Though tactfully, he managed to hide it.

"sixteen"

Footsteps echoed towards the two, making Jimin more freaked out and he muttered incoherent words to Yoongi who understood none of it.

He saw a face.

And then he heard a voice that he definitely wasn't expecting.

"hi! I'm Kim Minseok and I would love to be your friend!" the doctor extended his hand to Yoongi, who took a minute to recover. This person looked too young to be a doctor, with his playful, chubby voice.

"Oh, I'm not the patient. He is" Yoongi nodded towards Jimin, who was cowering in fear.

"Jimin?" Minseok gently called out, slightly poutily. "want to be my friend?"

Jimin tried to hide more behind Yoongi. right then, Yoongi felt like a fucking grandpa. He was so not kidding.

"he doesn't like to talk" Yoongi explained.

"I'm aware. Are you perhaps his brother? Or his guardian?" Minseok asked in a very mature voice. He was trying to get Jimin to not be afraid of him. Yoongi realized.

"I'm his housemate." Yoongi frowned. He wanted to be more than just a house mate to Jimin. He shook his thought away. "He's apparently been like this for a few years"

"have you gone for treatments, Jimin?" Minseok slow asked, as if not to scare Jimin. 

Jimin looked at Minseok like a cornered child, then shook his head slowly.

"Jimin, it's very dangerous if you don't go for treatments or take meds. It can lead to a crisis. You might never recover if you are late and that's very harmful. Do you want to live away from the world forever?"

Jimin was sobbing noisily.

"n-no!" he cried. "b-but I k-know I won't g-get cured!"

Yoongi wanted to hug Jimin so badly, but restrained himself.

"think positive, Jimin" Minseok smiled.

Jimin cried even more.