✿ six

It was no longer than five minutes when they arrived. Luke oppened the door and went inside, she just followed his actions. They both took of their shoes and walked in the room where he thought his mother would be. He was right. Lia's grandmother has already began cleaning the dust of the furniture and his mother had a vaccum cleaner in her hand. She was about to plug it in and start vacuuming but seeing her son back so quickly got her curious.

"Lucas, you got back so early. I thought you were going out."

"I was but now I'm home and Lia and I are going to be upstairs in my room, she's gonna help me clean it."

While they were talking, her grandmother gave her the "don't do anything stupid upstairs we will check on you" look. She didn't say or do anything because Luke cut her off by telling her to go up to his room. She began going up the stairs really slowly, she just didn't want to go faster so she wouldn't have to look for his room. As she was going step by step she heard someone, that was probably Luke, going up the stair too, but a lot faster as if he was skipping two stairs at a time.

"Why are you so slow?" He questioned probably not wanting the dead silence to be surrounding them.

"Uh, I don't really like going up the stairs, it's like my weakness." Even though she was still stiff with her words she felt a bit more comfortable around him.

"God you girls are so hard to understand." And that was the same thing girls thought about guys, it seemed like both genders were hard to fugure out that's why she just smiled and fixed her glasses.

"This is my room and don't say anything I know it's a dissaster." It was really messy and it felt like some kind of animal lived there, there were clothes everywhere, a bunch of boxes, CD's, his guitar, some food leftovers and his bed was a total wreck. So that kinda answered her question, his room looked horrible. But that was why she was there right?

"Uh so are we going to get started?"

"Yeah I told mom to bring some rags and those cleaning stuff we'll need."

She laughed at his answer, mostly at how he knew nothing about cleaning and nor wanted to learn. While they were waiting for his mother, she kept looking at his guitar. Learning to play the guitar was a dream of hers that never came true. Her dad promissed he would teach her but he never made that promise come true, even though her parents left a long time ago it still hurt her, but at least she had her nonna by her side.

"Do you play?" He asked.

"What?" She didn't really pay any attention to his question because she was still thinking about her father.

"The guitar, you've been staring at it for a long time now and you can have a go if you want it's alright I won't be mad." He gave a light smile and picked up the guitar.

"Oh no I don't play I just, uh it reminded me of my dad and how much I wanted to learn, well still want to learn." 

"I could teach you if you'd like." He just blurted it out, probably shocked by his reaction. She was just as confused as he was, still not believing his words.

"I don't know, uh maybe, why not?" 

Dead silence took over the room until Luke's mother came in to leave the things they needed. None of them said a word, they just started picking up the dirty clothes from the floor and throwing them in the bathroom. After the clothes were removed from the ground, and there was actually enugh place to walk, they threw away the leftovers in a box which Luke had to go outside and leave in a container near the house. 

When he got back he found her cleaning both of the tables next to his bed. He got one in his hand and began cleaning the otside and the inside of his wardrobe. The furiniture was almost done when she started vacuming the ground. There was only one small carpet in Luke's bedroom which made the job a lot easier. Now his room looked a lot cleaner that before they entered inside. Both of them put the cleaning suplies next to the door, all in one pile that was ready to be picked by his mother. 

He went downstairs to search for her and ask where the supplies should be put, but his mother was nowhere to be seen nor was Lia's grandmother. When he got into the kitchen he saw a note that said:

"We'll be out for a few hours, after you're finished with the cleaning put the rags in the closet where they belong. The front door is locked, just incase. Have fun and don't do anything stupid. Love Liz." 

Luke did as he was told. He put the rags where they should be and he even checked whether the door was really locked or not. He got upstairs just to see her laying on his bed. She must have been really tired from all the cleaning, maybe a bit more than he was. He was about to lay next to her, when she got up all of a sudden.

"Hey, don't worry, it's just me." He tried to sound calm and not scare her, even though there was no need. She was safe with him. 

"I just wanted to lay next to you, mind making me some space?" He was now more relaxed and so was she and to confirm that a smile appeared on both of their faces. They both laid on the bed and she had her back turned at him.

The only reason she did that was because she didn't feel comfortable enough to face him, even though now his face was all she wanted to see, his voice was all she wanted to hear and his arms wrapped around her was all she wanted to feel. 

"Can you turn around?" He interupted her thoughts about him.

"Uhh, no thanks, I-I-I'm perfectly fine with this position." Luke seemed to surpise her with his actions everytime he spoke and it just didn't make any sense. He managed to make her cheecks burn red yet again.

"I would rather look at you than your back." He just spoke, his voice was very calm, like he just woke up from a nap. She wasn't sure if she should do it or not and while she was trying to make a decision he put her arm around her stomach and gently rolled her over. She was now facing him. The air around them felt so hot and she felt like she was burning inside and out.

"You look strange without your glasses, it's like you're not you, it's like a different person." That was one the she was always told, and she hated hearing that because she never knew how that other person looked like. 

"I, uh, yeah I know, I've been told several times." Luke didn't say anything he just tugged a part of her hair behind her ear and got even closer.

"I think we should go to sleep, I'm very tired and you must be too." She felt like she had to say something because he clearly didn't attend to. 

"Yeah, you're right." 

His chin was now resting on her head while hers was snuggled into his neck, even though it was a bit suffocating she didn't mind now, maybe it was the scent of his perfume that calmed her. All she knew was that she needed it.

aww how cute

this chapter is dedicated to larry_lashton 

smile again is just so fucking oh my god i can't 

ily