✿ fourteen

"Don't mess with me nonna!" She said, taking a seat on the couch.

"I am not Lia I swear there is a surprise arriving for you." Her nonna told her, smiling, as she went into the kitchen to check on the cookies.

"Is Emily coming to visit?" She questioned, excitement filling her body, making her voice shake.

"That was another thing l wanted to talk about." Her grandaughter looked at her with a confusion in her eyes.

"They had to move away again, Isaac's job wasn't doing well and they sent him to another state." Her nonna could see that she didn't really take the information very well, so she tried to comfort her by assuring that both of them will go and visit some day.

The smile from earlier was once again on her face as she hugged her nonna even tighter.

She had been eating cookies and listening to Ed's voice trough her headphones for about an hour now until she heard two voices talking in the living room.

Even though she was sure it must have been Luke asking if she was home, she went to check and be sure. Surprisingly it wasn't that tall blond boy she was used seing on her front door, this time a shorter one with blond stripes poking trough his snapback was whispering with her nonna.

It took her some time to realize who that was before running into him and pressing their bodies as tight as she could.

"Oh my w-what are you doing here?"

"Hey aren't you happy to see me again, I mean it's been years since we saw eachother." He replied just to be followed by her nonna's voice telling them she will go and get some coffee with Liz.

"I mean yeah it's just I-I didn't expect to see you, I've missed you so much." As she said those words images of them flashed trough her mind, making her remember how happy she was when he was around. She tried to push away those moments where he wasn't there, by her side and she had to hear all those things her classmates had the courage to say. But she knew it wasn't his fault, she never blamed him nor Emily.

"I've missed you too like so much." He said, kissing the top of her head.

"So I guess we have have a lot to talk about, I mean three years aren't a little." Both of them went to her room, took place on the ground next to the bed, just like they did every day after their classes were over. 

They sat there for two straight hours, laughing at how many stupid things he has done in the past years. She hesitated a little before telling him all about Luke, but after all she just thought of the dark haired boy as a great friend.

a kinda short chapter 

sorry

but aww her friend is back 

and i'm dedicating this to michaelsvans bc i literally love blind so much and i ship muke so fucking bad i can't omg

muke feels