~*Chapter One*~

- This is one of my guilty pleasures, so sit back, relax, and enjoy -

                                                                    ~ *Chapter One* ~

"Where you think you're going?" I yelled, the vein in my wrists pulsating.

He stopped in front of the porch, door wide opened for me to stare at his broad back. I could hear my own heart beat pumping fiercely, feeling the eruption of my emotion. I widened my eyes as he looked back one last time, meeting his lazy blue gaze again. The effect had my heart stopped, legs lost their strength. My watery eyes searched for his blank ones, trying to find some emotions in that deep blue sea, hoping to seek some hopes and answers. Panic rose within me as I could not make out what he was thinking, his poker face scared me. His mouth started to move, slipping out some hurtful words which I wished I could still take back.

"I'm leaving you, Tristan. We're done."

With one last emotionless glance, he closed the door and walked away. When had the air become so thin, who had suck away my last breath of oxygen, the last amber to my life. I wanted to scream, I needed to wail, but I did neither. Instead, I slid to the floor, crouching down. I hid my shameful face between my knees and sobbed, slowly building myself a river.

I'd forgotten how many tears I'd shed and how many hours I'd spent before I decided to stand up and call my brother, Eden.

The ring only took about two times before my brother answered.

"Eden. I need to go back, back to the top."

I went through dirt and dust for him and he dared to shut the light to my world, leaving me in the darkness. He bet he could just blow out my life breath candle, but he's dead wrong. The fire was still burning, the heat was endless. He thought he could walk in and out like he owned me, stomping all over my trails and leaving hot steps on my broken pieces. 

He hadn't seen the last of me just yet.

"I thought you'll never ask."

-

                  Two years later...

The AC had blasted off to maximum, cold air rushing around the space in the car. Still, I was perspiring profusely, wiping my sweaty skin with the handkerchief. I blared the music up, hitting it to full volume. I needed to calm down, the scroching heat had already gotten on me and I couldn't lose any focus on the road any longer. Concentrate, Tristan.

I indulged myself in the music, 'Decode' by Paramore. I enjoyed rock music, and Paramore is the rockest band I'd ever listened to. Mostly because I didn't listen to others, but I bet no one could be any better than them. Pumping my fist in the air, I nearly lost my balance when the car suddenly bumped me up and I headbutt to the ceiling.

I rubbed the sore spot and surprised to realize the car had slowly losing speed, but my feet hadn't left the gas pedal. I tried to stomp it again and again, reaching the gas pedal limit. The car gained no speed, getting slower and slower.

Finally, it came to a stop.

I checked the fuel meter, cursing at it when the pointer gave me no mercy.

E, how I hoped it was supposed to be called 'EXTRA FUEL'.

The unbearable heat had begun to smash onto my skin, salty sweats coming out triple in a row. I untied my tie, unbuttoning the first and second button of my shirt. I fanned myself, flapping my hands to produce a hint of cool air. I yelled and hit on the steering wheel constantly and randomly, sending loud honks throughout the atmosphere air.