breakups pt. 3

"she was a nice girl. i met her in school just six years ago. we were together for about four years." he said, looking down.
"then one day, she just told me it wouldnt work out. she dumped me. it wasnt mutual. i thought things were wonderful. i was in love and i thought she was too." he took a handful of cheetos.
"i had no idea what to do with my life. we had considered moving in together at one point. our four year relationship, destroyed in twenty minutes. i felt terrible. i didnt leave my house, i drank more." he said.
"and you got over it?" you said.
"i did." he said.
"oh, good." you sniffled.
"but for a long time i felt like shit." he added
"oh, delightful." you rolled your eyes.
"but i can relate to you. i thought we were going to get married, have kids, grow old together. all of that thrown away, it feels terrible." he agreed.
"i just.. im 27, tom. i want to find love. i want to be married, have kids, be in love, you know?" you looked at him.
he nodded.
"i mean, look at kaya and dyl. kaya's married, dyl's in a committed relationship. where can i find that?" you looked down.
"im sure you and i will find love soon." he whispered.

he looked into your eyes and you looked into his.

"maybe it's right in front of our faces and we just dont see it." you whispered.

he continued staring.

"maybe."