page 250. (newt)

we do not speak of 250.
unless theres an imagine.
then you do.
* this is newts death in the movie, not the book. if you dont want spoilers, stop right now and go to the next imagine.

thomas tried his best to hold newt up, but he was losing him every second. he collapsed in exhaustion.
"leave me," newt whispered.
"NO! WE STILL HAVE TIME!" thomas tried to pick him up again.
newts eyes grew black. his viens were a sickly shade of green. he was lost.
"kill me." he grunted, losing his sanity.
"JUST BLOODY KILL ME!" he screamed, lunging on thomas. he punched and kicked thomas, and thomas did little to fight back
"NEWT THIS ISN'T YOU!" he covered his head.
"newt?" you said, coming up behind him.
he turned and immediately calmed down.
"yn," he said breathlessly. "you need to leave. now." he growled.
you knew. you knew this was the last time you would ever see him. you knew that this was the last image you would have of him. messed up sandy hair, bloodshot eyes, green veins, bloody black mouth. but you didnt care. you knew newt was in there somewhere, and you wanted to make the most out of your last moment.
you went up to him and held him. he sobbed.
"look at me yn. im not the person you fell in love with." he said, choking down a sob.
"no, youre not. youre more than that. look who youve become. youve become the bravest man ive ever met. youre selfless, you put everyone before yourself. and thats not the man i fell in love with. its more. and i love you for that." you said, swallowing hard to fight the tears.
"im on the brink of insanity here." he whispered, slightly smiling. "i look like i belong in a bloody asylum, dont i?" he smirked
you smiled. "you sure do." you laughed.
you put your foreheads together.
"i love you, newt. i dont think i have been or ever will be capable of loving anyone more than i have loved you."
"yn.." he started. his eyes grew dark. his breath became faster. he lunged at you, punching your cheek. you felt blood pour from your cheek.
thomas pulled him off you.
"KILL ME!" he screamed. he turned to you.
"i love you most." he whispered. his pupils dilated and the last piece of him faded.

with his heart falling into a black abyss, thomas pulled the trigger.

you screamed as newt's eyes looked to sky. he fell to the ground and you put his head on your lap. tears fell down your cheeks as you touched his face.
"yn we have to go." thomas said, wiping tears from his face.
"i cant leave him." you answered simply.
thomas pulled you up.
"NO I CANT LEAVE HIM!" you screamed, getting out of thomas' grip.
you understood. you had to leave newt.
you planted a kiss on his forehead and put a hand on his eyes to close them.
he was your world.
he was your all.
and he was the reason your heart was shattered into pieces.

you got up and wiped the tears from your face.
and you turned around.
and you walked away from your true love.