late night calls

thomas was out of town for ten months to film a movie. you were an actress too, and the sad thing was that you had to leave two months after he came back.
you missed tom so much, there would be days where you would stay in bed wearing his t shirts and going through the photo albums, tears streaming down your face.
he barely had any time for you. you were okay with that because you understood; an actor's schedule is a very busy one. whenever you would text the response would be short, but somehow he always managed to text you "i love you" quite often.
it was two in the morning when you got a call from thomas.
"hello?" you said groggily
"yn, its me, tom."
you sat up immediately, thrilled to hear his voice
"oh! tom! ive missed hearing your voice!" you said.
you could practically hear him smiling through the phone.
"i know love. i've missed you too. now, i havent got much time, but when they said we had a break, i immediately thought of calling you. i just wanted to check in and hear your beautiful voice a again. oh God, it must be two in the morning in london! im sorry for waking you up love. God, im such a bloody idiot."
tears welled in your eyes. you havent seen your boyfriend's face in six months, and there were still four months left.
"no dear, i dont care what time it is, i just wanted to hear your voice. oh tommy, if im being honest, its miserable without you. all i want to do is see your face, and i cant even do that!" you said, swallowing your tears.
there was dead silence.
"i know love. i know." he whispered.
"love, to tell you the truth, i wish i brought your perfume with me so i could spray it on my pillow. i always think of you it drives me crazy."
you had a moment of silence.
"four months tom, four months." you sighed.
"yes yn love. four months. we're more than halfway through." he said.
"thomas, we gotta reshoot a scene!" you heard from the other side of the phone.
"just a minute!" he called back.
"duty calls." you said quietly.
"yes it does." he sighed.
"i love you." you said, blowing a kiss through the phone.
"i love you more." he blew one back.
then he hung up.
dead silence.