Chapter Thirteen

(Carl’s POV)

I can feel cold sweat dripping down my forehead. I’m right in front of Justine’s house, our house. It’s late midnight, it’s a full moon. Loads of thoughts has taken over my mind already, some are weird like suddenly Justine will become a vampire and suck my blood until I die because he's mad at me, and that's because he already knows what happened.

For the hundredth times I shook my head to wake myself up from my own thoughts, I gently slaps myself to put myself all together. I cleared my throat before opening the gate of our house; this is like a life or death situation. I know for sure he doesn’t know ‘yet’ what happened, but it’s either he will know soon from others or it’ll slip out of my mouth.

I walk right through the garage, suddenly everything became interesting, and I don’t want to enter the house anymore. God, who am I kidding? I’m freaking out; sooner or later I need to enter this freaking house.

Once I’m finally in front of the door, I shut my eyes tightly before opening it. Once I opened my eyes, I saw backpacks and load of bags… Don’t tell me he knows about it already, and he is sending me home?

I look everywhere for Justine, to see him sitting in the couch looking sternly at me. I almost choke to death when I saw him there; there is something different about his eyes. It’s not the usual kind, and humored eyes, his eyes are hard as rock, and as cold as ice, and I’m scared.

“Why are you coming home this late?” He finally asks without moving his gaze; just by looking into his stern eyes makes me want to melt down from guilt and fear.

My throat didn’t felt as dry as this before, maybe because I just did the worst thing that a husband could ever do to a loving partner. “Uhm… well… its Layla’s birthday and yeah… hmmmm. We celebrated.” I can’t even look directly to his eyes, this is true, but something tells me that I need to speak everything out.

“Are you hiding something from me?” My eyes quickly dive down to my stomach, just kidding; it actually moved to meet up Justine’s eyes.

                        I think he actually knows about what happened already.

                        But how? I didn’t saw anyone he knows in the bar!

You don’t even know a single person he’s related too, except for his grandmother, and besides he has a wide company. Surely he knows someone there, why didn’t you think of this before you entered that club?

You are so damn busted, Carl.

Wait, why did you guy suddenly came back? I thought my ‘self talking’ issue is already over?

We always comes back, there’s no cure for us. Especially if you are having a nervous breakdown, in some ways we can be a help, and in the other side we can lead you to more problems.

So what are you guys?

We’re you, and if you don’t have the explanation for what we are, how should we know?

So are you guys going to help me? I really need someone’s help right now.

We can tell you the choices that you have, but we wouldn't pick the right choice because there isn't a right choice. You can admit everything to him right now, and be sorry about it. Tell him what you felt, and tell him what you realized after the kiss.

Or you can be a chicken, and don’t f*cking admit anything to him, and keep it a secret up to your grave.

Or better just wait what’s going to happen, and why there are bags out here.