Chapter One

“Dad, I’m gay.” I said as I close my eyes, getting ready for his harsh words. I’ve prepared myself for this, I’m ready to hear all the cursing, and I even prepared my own bank account because I know he will disown me. It’s taking him too long to answer though; I slightly open one of my eyes to look at him. Is he smiling? “Dad, please just say that you’re going to disown me.” I said, getting more tensed just by looking at his smile.

“What are you saying? I won’t disown you, I’m really happy that I have a daughter now!” he said gleamingly.

“Huh?” I know my father is a nice father, but he is strict when it comes to the things that will ruin his reputation, and what I expect is that he will beat me up into death or just simply disown me. But something seems wrong. “I’m dreaming right?” I ask him.

“No, I’m really happy with your decision son, wait I mean daughter of course! This house feels so lonely when your mom died few years ago, and we only had four sons. I was hoping for a girl child, but we weren’t blessed with a girl! So if you think that you are a girl inside then there must be something wrong with what I’ve prayed for, but nothing big for me. So you want to shop for your dress?”

“Wa-wait. What the hell is going on dad? Are you nuts? You are so strict when it comes to your name, but you don’t have problem on having a gay son? And you are even asking me to buy my own dress?” I said, my mind was already cracked up. This wass so far away from what I expected he will do, yeah it seems better, but something seems so wrong!

“No, I don’t have anything against the gay people specially if it’s my own daughter, you must know that Carla.” He said with a huge convincing smile in his face.

“What the f*ck dad? I’m still a son, and most of all I still want to be called by my real name. It’s Carl, not Carla okay?”

“No, no, no! I want to spoil my only daughter; you can’t stop me from doing that. I’m still your father so I have the right to treat you way better than the other. And I will be calling your brothers, because we’ll be having a party later this night! So here’s some cash to buy your dress, I want you to look dazzling tonight honey.” He said as he handed me a couple of boxes, and walked out of the room. This is really getting awkward. If only I knew that this was coming, I should’ve admit it  long time ago!

I really smell something fishy about my father; I just hope that he isn’t up to something. But I wasn’t able to fully explain what type of gay I was yet; I think he thought that I wanted to look like a girl, but no. I’m bisexual, not what he had thought.

I’m already in the mall, looking for some fine tuxedo to wear for the party. I’m sure my father isn’t kidding; he will really throw a party whenever he wants to. Well we’re kind of rich, but unlike my brothers I wasn’t blinded by wealth.

This silver tuxedo looks good, it has some simple designs on it that made it look quite delicate. I picked it up but someone seems to be pulling at it too, I raise my chin upwards to look if someone was really pulling it.

“Please, just let it go. I’m a busy man and I have to be in an important occasion, way better than where you are going. I don’t want to make an argument out of this.” He said coldly like icebergs in Antarctica that made my mouth hung open.

“Seriously, you’re already making an argument. You could just ask me to give it to you, you’re so rude.” I simply stated and walk away, but I didn’t get out of the shop. I’ll just look for something new; I won’t let that guy ruin my day. Since this is one of the happiest days I can ever have, my father just accepted me for who I am, and he is throwing a party for me. So yeah I will be nice enough, not to start a fight with that guy.