Chapter Nineteen

(Derek’s POV)

“I found out where he is!” I blasted out as soon as I opened the door, he turns to me expectantly. His eye were burning with expectation, he was about to open his mouth but I cut him off before he can even say anything “Yes, I found out where Justine is.” I simply said, like it’s not hurting, or breaking my heart.

I don’t know what’s up with me, not getting mad with Carl, and to add that I’m helping him find his ex-lover. I don’t know if he’s numb, or I’m the one who is numb for letting all of this happens. He said we’ll finally settle down once he finds out where Justine is, and settle everything with him. There’s a slight hope at my heart that that will really happen… Something’s telling me that everything might not go as planned, and it will end up as Carl and Justine, not me. I’m really scared, but I know there’s possibility.

Am I good person for letting all of this happens, because right now I feel so bad for myself? Sometimes I’m asking myself if I grew up too much nice, or it’s just that I really love Carl to let this all happen. Well you know the saying ‘love can change a person’.

“Really? Where is he? And how did you found out?” He asks me, saying everything so fast it’s like he’s in a hurry. “Oh never mind, let’s just go NOW.” He said like a boss. He really irritates me when he acts so bossy, but I never react I don’t want my bad side to appear anymore.

I am really getting annoyed by this, but what can I do? “Okay I’ll drive.” I finally said like everything is fine with me. Since I had him back, I never said a thing or have an annoying moment with him except when we finally came back to this place. I really hate that Justine guy for ruining my lover’s life, but I also thank him because if it wasn’t for him I will never have Carl back in my arms.

I open the drivers sit to my car, and sit inside. I didn’t have to wait for Justine because he’s already inside before I even came in. He is deadly quiet, just focusing on the gate, as if I’m already driving.

I finally opened the engine, and click the remote for the gate to open. I shook my head slightly, not letting the irritation overcome me, and burst out in front of Carl. I know my irritation is kind of senseless, but I can really feel something is going to happen, and it’s not for the better. Whether he admit it or not, I surely knows that he still have feelings for Justine, I just hope that his feelings for me is a lot stronger… because I don’t know what I’ll do the next time I lose him.

I started driving, focusing on the road and not bothering to speak. I can feel Carl’s coldness at me right now, so instead of trying to talk to him I simply turned on the radio, and go through a lot of random station until I found a song that I like ‘thinking of you by katy perry’.

I tap my finger in the wheels as the song started, I noticed Carl moving his head awkwardly when the song started. “Any problem?” I ask, but he just shrugs, I shook my head once again. Not letting the frustration to build up.

Time passes by and the silence is about to kill me, the drive is quite long. I think it will be a one and a half hour drive, and we’ve been in the road for exactly one hour and fifteen minutes. “Okay, I’m done with this.” I finally blurted out, making Carl look at me. “What’s the big problem? You said that we’ll just need to look for him, and you can settle everything so we can finally get married. Tell me if that’s a big lie.” I ask him straight to point getting tired of the silent treatment he had given me.

“What are you saying?” He said, looking at me ridiculously “I’m just thinking of everything that I need to clear with him, that’s all.” He said, it sounded like he’s hiding something. I want to say something more, but something inside me is saying that I need to stop. “Just be calm okay? Don’t think too much.” He said, putting his hand on top of mine, squeezing it lightly.