chapter 12

Alice/Ali's POV

I was on the couch tuning my violin, it was absolutely perfect for me. I was a white violin with red roses and thorns all over the violin, it had black bats on it too. My parents painted it themselves. My mom did the roses and thorn while my dad did the bats. I heard the doorbell ring and got up. I put the violin down and opened the door.

'JUSTIN!' I yelled at my brother throwing myself at him. He caught me in the air and hugged me super tight.

'Alice! How is my beautiful baby sister doing?' he asked. I smiled at him, I haven't seen him since the day our parents died. I heard Seth, Lacey, and Allen run in the room. They all looked shocked and confused to see my brother.

'Hi, my name is Justin and I'm Alice's older brother.' Justin said. They still looked shocked but introduced themselves.

'I'm Allen, this is my wife Lacey, and my son Seth.' Allen said with no expression. My brother looked at me and raised his eyebrow.

'He knows about us' I whispered in his ear. His expression changed to understanding.

'Well I'm here to take my sister away for the day is that okay?' Justin asked. I jumped down from his arms and ran to the room I was staying at. I put on my battered bunny backpack, and grabbed my dad's violin.

I walked back to the living room and packed up my violin. I gave my dad's violin to my brother and said bye to Seth, Lacey and Allen.

I got into my brother's black car, it had tinted windows and white leather seats.

'So where are we going?' I asked my brother as we got into his car.

'To mom and dad's funeral.' He said. That completely shocked me. I didn't know he was going to make a funeral for mom and dad.

We drove for about an hour and he was asking me what i've been up to. I told him yesterday me and Seth went to the park and explored the woods, and the day before that me and his family went to the beach.

My brother pulled up to a funeral home and I got out. He gave me a bag and I looked at him confused.

'Put on this for mom and dad's funeral. Since you always wear black, me and you are going to wear white.' He said. I nodded my head and went inside the funeral home. I went to the bathroom and changed. I looked in the mirror and saw my eyes go big.

I was wearing a white laced dress with black outlines. I was beautiful which is shocking since I don't think so at all. I put on my while shoes and put my clothes in my bunny. I took out my bat brush and brushed my hair.

My hair was a little below my waist and my eyes had turned bright blue. I put my brush away and walked out. I saw my brother in a white suit and a black tie. He had roses in his hand and I walked up to him. We didn't say anything as we walked to the graves where my parents were being buried together.

I looked down the entire time as the priest from the island was reviewing my parent's life. A lot of people from the island were here and I felt everyone looking at me. When the priest called me and my brother's name we put our roses down. It had black roses all on the outside, red roses in the middle and two white roses in the center.

I pulled out my violin and Justin pulled out my dad's. Justin and I played my parents favorite song I learned. Justin and I knew that song since we were little. When we ended the song everyone bowed in respect. I heard some people crying, and I watched them put flowers on my parent's grave.

I didn't cry, I couldn't cry, I never want to anyone to ever see me cry again. I walked away when it was done. I felt someone tap my shoulder, I turned around and saw some person I didn't know from the island.