Chapter 33

(Sorry guys but this is the last chapter... there will be an epilogue, but then this story is over, please don't be sad, i have a new one coming I promise)

            She was helpless to stop Harry as he walked out of the hospital wing. She stared after him as Severus held her against him. Her back was resting against his chest, his arms around her stomach. She was going to loose her best friend. She lowered her gaze after Harry disappeared out the door and it closed behind him. She turned herself around in Severus’s arms and gazed up at him in surprise. He raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything; he was waiting for her to speak.

            “You’re still alive” She whispered in a bit of a shocked tone.

            “Yes… I believe I am”

            “What are you waiting for” Aria pulled away from him, pulling her wand off the nightstand. At some point someone returned it to her, leaving it on her dress. “We have a war to win”

            “Aria, I don’t think… that’s a good idea” Severus spoke softly touching her face. “You were sick, and you just lost …”

            “I don’t want to talk about that” Aria pulled away from him. “right now, we have a war to win, then we can go home, when we go home, we can talk all about this and what we are going to”

            “Aria” Severus stepped closer to her.

            “Severus, please. People are dying”

            “Very well, lets go” Severus grabbed her hand to pull her along. She didn’t budge. “What is it?”

            “I love you” She whispered before she kissed him. He kissed her back pulling her into his arms. Dumbledore smiled before he slipped from the room. He had people to save, a war to fight. If he could help it, he would keep those two out of it.

            “I love you too” Severus spoke after he was able to pull back. He watched her face as she looked up at him.

            Aria and Severus made their way to the battle field. They covered each other’s back perfectly. She would block attacks and he would counter attack. They even managed to save a few livess, including Fred Weasley along with Tonks and Lupin. Where ever Severus went, Aria followed. They fought together. It wasn’t until an hour into the fight that Voldemort appeared in the courtyard with Hagrid carrying what appeared to be Harry’s dead body. Aria wanted to move forward to cry out like Ginny did, but Severus held her back. He held her against him, holding her head to his chest. Aria felt the tears as she leaned into him.

            They stood in the shadows of the castle to keep from being seen by Voldemort. Other people spotted them, but no one wanted to see anyone dead, and Dumbledore stood with the group of students who had named Dumbledore’s Army. After a few minutes of talking from Voldemort and Neville, Harry came back to life, sort to speak. After more fighting and chasing of the snake (Aria decided to go with Neville while Severus stayed to fight beside Dumbledore), Harry finally defeated Voldemort and the war was over. Aria couldn’t help but give him a huge hug.

Severus was no where to be found, but Aria knew where she could find him when everything settled down. He would be in the great hall being welcomed back. He saved them, he had been on their side all along and now everyone knew it. It had nearly killed him and Aria and it almost destroyed their relationship… but they overcame that obstacle as well. At least they both hoped they did. Aria followed Harry, Ron, Hermione and Dumbledore to what was left of the bridge. Harry was holding the elder wand while Hermione and Ron were holding hands. Dumbledore was staring up at the remains of the castle. Aria looked around her.