chapter 11

(A/N: Sorry this chapter was so short, but i hope you enjoy it)

    "Aria" Professor Snape grabbed her arm. She turned back to face him, he very rarely called her by her first name. He pulled her against him. "I need you to know, that its me that needs to be sorry"

    "What are you talking about?" Aria looked up at him from in his arms. He had put his arms around her holding her to him. He was being nothing like his normal cold self. She was a bit worried as she saw the confusion in his eyes.

    "I can't tell you that" Professor Snape was about to pull away when she wrapped her arms around him, holding him.

    "Please don't pull away from me"

    "I have no choice" He touched her chin, lifting it gently so he could look in her eyes. "I'm sorry" He leaned down and kissed her gently.

--

    Aria woke up from the dream. She's been dreaming about that moment since it had happened a week ago. She sat up slowly as she looked around her. It was so close to the end of school and she hadn't talked to Professor Snape since that day. She was afraid of what he was going to do, why he had felt the need to apologize to her. She looked at Hermione, who was getting dressed. Hermione smiled at her, but said nothing. Aria had a feeling something bad was going to happen as she pulled on a pair of jeans and a black hoodie. It was very chilly for a spring day. It was also raining, she realized as looked out the window. Great, bad weather for the ominous feeling, she thought as she brushed her long dark hair and put it back into a ponytail. She pulled on her black military style boots and her robes.

    Classes had started like normal only today there was no defense against the darks arts. Professor Snape was nowhere to be found and neither was Harry. The more Aria thought about it the last time she say Dumbledore was at breakfast when he told them that the Defense Against Dark Arts classes were cancelled for the day. Aria had been concerned but kept it off her face for fear that Hermione or Ron might  see it and say something. She leaned back in the chair in the common room, but couldn't relax, she found she was restless as she found herself waiting for Professor Snape to come back. She made her way toward the clock tower. As weird as it was, sometimes she like to look out over the school when she was lonely or needed to think and the best place to do that was at the clock tower.

     As she got to the bottom of the stairs she saw Harry. He was talking with Professor Snape, who didn't even seem to notice her. Above them they heard Draco disarm Professor Dumbledore. She couldn't believe that Dumbledore would let him do that, but she had noticed the change in him over the last year. She watched Snape tell Harry to stay there and he went up. It wasn't long before she heard Snape use Avada Kevada. She followed Harry up the stairs as Harry began to yell at Snape. She was so in shock she couldn't say anything. How could he do this. How could he kill Professor Dumbledore. Snape ignored Harry completely and looked past him at Aria.

    "Aria"

    "No" her voice was soft. "I don't want to hear it, please leave"

    "Aria" Harry stood next to her.

    "Professor, I trusted you, we all did and look how you repaid us. I thought you were supposed to be on our side." Aria had been at the meetings, knew who he really was, but she never thought he was this cruel. "Get out of here and never come back, I will kill you"

    "Very well, Miss Black" Aria felt herself cringe at the coldness in his tone. "I wanted you to know and I still do that I am Sorry"

    With that Harry chased after Snape while Aria remained in the clock tower. She couldn't believe what happened. Draco had fled, Dumbledore was dead and Snape was gone. She rested her head in her hands as she leaned against the wall. She started to cry. She wasn't  a person to cry at every little thing, but today was bad, the castle was falling apart, people weren't going to be coming back next year and she was going to be with Harry. Maybe that's the way it should be. She should be gone and she shouldn't have been foolish enough to think that Professor Snape might have loved her.

    It wasn't long after that Harry found her, asleep on the floor of the clock tower. He woke her up gently. When she sat up slowly she realized she had fallen asleep, but the strangest thing was she covered with a black robe. A robe that way to big to be hers or Harry's. She pulled it close to her and she immediately knew whose it was. She could smell the hint of potions, and something else, something much more manly. She had remember the scent of him from the night he had held her close and told her he was sorry. She picked it up as Harry helped her off the floor. She went to her room in the girls dorm, lying down on the bed she pulled the cloak closer.

    She knew immediately that it was Professor Snape had left it on her, but when did he have a chance to come back and give it to her? She didn't know, but she appreciated the thought, even though she was never going to see him again. She wrapped it around her as she fell asleep again on her bed this time. This time she dreamed of him again. As usually, but this time she slept peacefully. She had a feeling this was going to be her last time getting a good night's sleep