chapter 21

(Dedicated to Gypsyarabic52 because she helped e write this chapter. Without her, this chapter would not have been possible. In exchange for her hard work on my story... i have granted her one request and that was to tell people to read one of her storys... Its called  "Choice of Destiny" now i'm not suggesting it just because she asked, but because she is a brilliant writer. I have read two of her stories and I love them. If you are looking for a great Snape store, Choice of  Destiny is your answer!!!! Thank you Gypsyarabic52!!! )

------

(Severus Snape’s P.O.V.)

            He looked at her with disbelief, and for once utterly speechless. Had he heard her right? Did she really say she was dying? Is that the reason she wanted to get married? So many questions suddenly rang through his mind, the biggest being; Did Albus know she was dying? His tone went from confused to angry. Why hadn’t she told him sooner; he might be able to save her. He stepped back away from her as he pulled on his pants. His shirt was still in the kitchen along with what was now burned spaghetti sauce. He left the room without saying a word to her. He heard her follow him from the bedroom, he knew that the sheet was still around her and he did his best not to look. If he looked at her standing almost naked in the kitchen behind him, he didn’t think he could stay angry at her.

            “Severus… please!” Aria reached for him, but he pulled out of her reach. He turned around.

            “How long, Aria?” He snarled. He could tell he scared her when she took a step back. He could see it in her face. He sighed as he sat down at the kitchen table and ran a hand over his face. “Did you every plan on telling me?”

            “No… I mean, I didn’t want to tell you” Aria looked away from him. She didn’t know what to say. “Since I travelled back… since I used the potion”

            “How many people know?” He asked more tired then anything. They had arrived around nine a.m. and it was almost five p.m. They had spent a good portion of the day in bed and now he was starting to feel the effects.

            “No one, I swear” She moved closer to him. “Please Severus, I didn’t mean to hurt anyone… I just didn’t want to see the look on your face when I told you”

             “Are you hiding anything else from me?” He asked her. He was very annoyed and tired, but he was good at reading people. He could tell.

            “A bit more…”  Aria looked down. “When we were dying … you told me you loved me”

            “I did not” Snape denied it; he knew in his heart she was probably right, even though he hadn’t technically been there. He didn’t want to admit that she was right. He would never say the words out loud.

            “So, then you don’t love me?” She looked up at him, anger rested on her face. He couldn’t figure out what she was angry about. She knew he wasn’t one to come out and say I love you.

            “How dare you ask me that?” He growled at her, he was beyond angry; he might be described as pissed.  “I saved your father, a man I hate beyond anything in this world! I risked my life on your word and you have the nerve to ask me if I love you? You have been lying to me for the last six months and you dare ask me that?”

“Severus” She pleaded. He could hear the pleading in her voice and he had to keep himself from shivering. It was the same way she had whispered his name when they were making love a couple hours early.  “Please, forgive me”