chapter 12

(A/N: I know this is rather short, but it got the job done. This chapter is dedicate to RosiePaige due to the awesome trailer she made for me!)

   "God damn it, Aria" Aria stopped walking as Harry spoke suddenly. She rarely heard him swear so when he did it always caught her attention. A sudden breeze caught her and she pulled the robe she wore tighter around her. The robe was several sizes too big as it had been left behind for her. Professor Snape had left it for her before he fled after killing the Headmaster. She still grieved for Albus Dumbledore, who wouldn't, the wizarding world had lost a great man, but something was off. She knew Professor Snape, at least she thought she did. She had observed and watched him for a long time, something wasn't right about this. Harry interrupted her thoughts again. "just tell me one more time why you won't take that thing off"

    "Because I like it" Aria frowned. Ron and Hermione were walking slightly ahead of them and they turned their heads to look at them. Every since they left for finding the horocruxes, which they found all but two, Harry and Aria have been arguing about the robe she wore. Hermione could have cared less where she got, she was just happy Aria was warm, and Ron, he was too into Hermione to realize that Aria was missing someone.

    "Its too big for you, so obviously it's not yours" Harry said back to her. She shook her head at his observational skills.

    "Gee ya think" Aria snapped sarcastically. She was ready to be back at Hogwarts, ready to continue some education. "I am not going to tell you who gave it to me, that's not any of your business."

    "Aria"

    "She's right, Harry" Hermione fell back to talk to them. She understood Aria's issue. She knew Aria liked someone she shouldn't and that the man had done horrible things. She didn't know who it was, but she thought it was Aria's choice to not tell anyone who it is.  "She doesn't have to tell you anything, Harry. If we all knew who she likes, it wouldn't be a secret anymore. Please just drop it"

    "Besides look" Ron pointed at the Huneydukes. "we're almost there, we go in through here we can get to Hogwarts."

    He was right and Aria had never felt so relieved in her life. She was going to get a nice warm bed to sleep in, some food and to see her other friends again. How wrong she was going to be. Neville appeared in the entrance to the secret tunnel. He was dirty, but cheerful, not much seemed to bring him down and sometimes that made Aria jealous. She smiled softly at him, for they all started to follow him to Hogwarts. He explained all about what's been going on in Hogwarts since the four of them left. It did surprise her greatly that Professor Snape was now the headmaster, but she did think she might get a chance to see him. Harry, Ron and Hermione all talked about the last Horocruxe while Aria snuck away. No one seemed to notice. She pulled the robe tighter around her since Hogwarts was no longer the warm place it used to be.

    She wandered the halls looking for the Headmasters office. She found she had to dodge death eaters. They had taken over the castle, must have been Voldemort's doing. She frowned as she hid behind a statue as two death eaters glided by. Yes, it appeared as if they were glided. She wondered if that was what Professor Snape looked like that these days. Now that she thought about it, he always looked like he was gliding. She kept moving slowly, she kept the robe tight around her and her head down. If she looked like any ordinary student maybe no one would bother her, death eater or student. She wasn't watching where she was going, since her head was down and she bumped into the solid mass of a man. She fell down.

    "I'm sorry I wasn't watching where I was going" She started to pull herself up when a hand grabbed her by the arm and pulled her to her feet.

    "Just be more careful next time, Miss Black" Aria looked up startled. She knew that voice, how could she not, but the touch of his hand against her arm was foreign. He had always been gently with her, even when he was angry with her.

    "Professor"

    "if you're here then Potter must be back" Professor Snape spoke softly, his tone cold and unfeeling. She wanted to pull back, but he kept his hand tightly on her arm.

    "Please, don't hurt him.. or me" She was actually scared for the moment. He was scaring her.

    "Oh don't be so stupid" Professor Snape snapped at her. She cringed at his tone. "right now I am the only one who can keep you safe"

    "what do you mean?"

    "That's none of your business, get back to your common room and stay there" He released her and as he did he shoved her forward to make her realize how fast she needs to move. She took off in the direction of the Gryffindor common room and didn't even notice the extra glance he gave her as he watched her go, his robes gracefully dancing around her her body as she ran.