Chapter 10

a/n: sorry the chapter is kinda long. Also I think it might be alittle out of order. But I did have a small tender moment at the end.

-------------------------------------------------

    Aria frowned as she leaned back in a chair she was sitting in the Gryffindor common room. She had been invited to a party that Slughorn decided to have. Harry had invited her to go, saying she had been acting rather depressive the lat few days and needed to be cheered up. She agreed to go because she liked parties. Now she needed to find a dress, so she and Hermione were going to go dress shopping today during their trip to hogsmeade. She frowned as she realized that she didn't want to go to this party,but Harry rarely allowed her to go any where without an escort, and for whatever reason she went along with it, which is why she sat in the common room in jeans and a t-shirt waiting for Hermione to come down the stairs from the girl's dormitory.

    Once Hermione was ready the two girls made their way to Hogsmeade to buy dresses. Hermione was going with someone she didn't want to, but she had already agreed, and Aria was going to make an impression on Harry even if it was just a friend. Aria and Hermione went into a store and Hermione bought the first dress that made her feel good. Aria was a bit more complicated. She found a black tank top black dress with yellow flowers on it. She found a black sweater to put over and black heels to wear with it. She paid for the dress and left the store to met Hermione, who had gone to the book store. As Aria went to the store she reached to pull the door open when a cold hair touched her. She turned her head to catch the dark eyes of Professor Snape.

    "Oh..." Aria made a noise as she stepped back, her hand leaving his. Even though his hand was cold, hers felt cold when she pulled back. "I'm sorry, Sir"

    "My fault" his tone was even and cold, but something else lay behind his eyes. She gulped, he had never said something like that before, especially not to her. She looked down at her hands. He opened the door. She thought he was going to be rude and go in before her. "You first" he gestured to the open door.

    "Thank you" Aria entered the door, walking a few steps inside. She heard the door close and felt his body heat against her back. She knew that he was a mere few inches behind her. She wanted  to lean back against him. She swallowed nervously.

    "Aria, there you are, i was wondering where you had disappeared too" Hermione stepped forward out of the shadows.

    "Oh hey, sorry long lines at the dress store." Aria held up her package. "Lets head back to the castle, the party's tonight"

    "Alright, let's go" Hermione smiled.

    "Thank you, sir and have a good day" Aria nodded her head at Snape. He didn't have say anything all she saw was a twitch of his lips, but something lay in his eyes. He seemed almost angry. She wasn't sure why.

    Hermione and Aria got dressed after they got back from Hogsmeade. They kept her from Professor Snape, and she didn't know why, but she was going to go to this party anyway. Maybe actually have some fun, for get about him for a while. She came down the stairs of the girls dormitory in her dress. She watched Harry's jaw drop as he watched her come towards  him. She giggled slightly before telling him to close his mouth. She took his arm and they went to Slughorn's office where the party was being held. She sat back in a chair as Slughorn  passed out tea. After about a half hour Harry pulled her outside to the balcony.

    "Aria, I want to talk to you" Harry started softly. He seemed nervous.

    "I don't like you Harry" Aria grinned playfully, he glared at her. She shrugged. "sorry"

    "I wanted to ask you something. I need to find the horocruxes and I was wondering if you want to come with me" Harry looked away. "Please. Hermione and Ron are coming and I don't want to be a third wheel."

    "Yeah, sounds good, when are we going?" Aria thought nothing of it. She was friends with them and Harry was asking for her help.

    "Also I have an issue. I think Draco might be a... death eater" Harry looked at the ground. Aria looked out at the school grounds before looking back at Harry.

    "Oh I agree" Aria smiled at him. "how could he not be, with who his father is and all of that. I mean his father is a death eater, that's a well known fact, so it would only make sense that Draco was one too."

    "Thank you" Harry smiled, but he didn't get to say much more as the party was interupted by Professor Snape. Aria felt herself freeze as he came in. Her heart sped up and it became difficult to breath. She had never had this reaction before, even though she knew she liked him.. possibly loved him.

    "I caught him trying to crash the party" Snape spoke as Slughorn came over. Snape was holding Draco Malfoy by the collar. Slughhorn chuckled and told Draco he could stay. "I came to tell you" he gestured to Harry. "that the headmaster is looking for you"

    "Thank you" Harry nodded his head and turned to Aria.

    "Go, i'll be fine, I promise" Aria smiled and Harry left the party. "Professor, can I talk to you?" She asked after Harry left. Professor Snape and Aria left to find a spot they could talk. He ended up leading her to his office.

    "What is it?"

    "I wanted to tell you, I won't be back next year" Aria looked down at her feet.

    "What do you mean?" Professor Snape looked at her rather confused. "What are you going to be doing instead?"

    "I can't tell you" Aria looked up at him. He looked rather sad for a moment.

    "Very well"

    "Sir" Aria moved closer. He looked down at her. She leaned up and kissed him gently on the lips. She felt him tense, but he didn't pull away. "Forgive me"