Chapter Fifteen.

Chapter Fifteen

For some odd, apparent reason, Van goes to sleep in his room and wakes up in mine. Either in the fort or in my bed all curled up next to me. I mean almost whole two weeks has gone by since he got his new bed, maybe it's just not broken in yet? I haven't said anything, mainly because everything has been cool between us and I don't want to ruin it. It's not like it's going any farther than the occasional snuggle-buddy. Sometimes he just sleeps next to me and just lays there twisting a strand of my hair around his fingers. It's kind of cute actually.

Then there's the part of me that feels completely guilty because of Evan. He's opened up to me so much and I'm even supposed to meet his parents tomorrow night. I've been tempted to cancel so many times this week. I haven't even seen him since before Christmas Eve. They went to go see his aunt in Denver for Christmas. I'm kind of glad that he did because I have yet to get him a present.

I got everybody a present, expect the one person that's supposed to matter, my boyfriend. I even got Dex "manties" as a gag-gift, but I'm fairly certain that he'll actually wear them.

Van was the easiest to get presents for. Every year we tell each other not to get the other a present, but we always do. I buy him things that he hates and he does the same for me. It's sort of a tradition. That being said, I gave him Superman seat covers for his truck and a watch to match. Though, I still have one present that I haven't given to him yet, something that he would actually like. For some reason, I can't bring myself to give him the custom made Batman sheets.

I'm not quite sure that he would use them, considering he spends so much time sleeping in my room. I just figured that he could use a new bed set because I think that he's been using Darren's old Star Wars sheets. I'm not even sure that those sheets are sanitary, they've seen Darren's wet-dream days.

I think I should send back Van's real present. If I give him something that he actually likes, he might get the wrong idea by it. Besides, it's not like Van got me something that I would actually like. He hasn't given me my present yet because it's not going to be ready for a couple of days. I was shocked when I saw how sad he looked that my present wasn't ready when I gave him his presents.

I stroll down the hallway to Van's room and walk in, rather than going through the long process of knocking and waiting for him to answer.

I notice him listening to his iPod while reading something that looks like a magazine, but he quickly shoves it under his pillow when he spots me.

I narrow my eyes down at him, seeing a perfect opportunity to embarrass him. "Van, are you looking at porn?"

Van's cheeks blush. "Yep, you caught me."

I drop the bag of presents at the foot of his bed and plop down on his bed next to him. I fish my hand under his pillow and grasp the magazine.

"Not a very clever hiding spot," I laugh, looking at it, soon realizing that it's not a porn magazine. Not like I really thought it was, but I kind of hoped it was so that I could make fun of him for it.

It's a comic book. Superman is on the cover, looking as awesome as ever in his blue uniform. Then I notice the Batman logo in the back, with the Superman sign in the middle of it.

"This is a comic book, Van," I state, bluntly.

"Yeah, I found a bunch at a garage sale a while back, so I bought them. Some old idiot was selling his sons collection after he took off for college," Van explains nervously.

"Have you always read comic books?" I ask.

"No, it's kind of a new hobby. At first I just had them in a box, but since I'm doing the whole celibacy-no-girlfriend thing, I have a significant amount of time on my hands." Van pauses.