| Chapter 36. |

"Javon, baby. Time to get ready for school." Devin woke her son up, pulling open the curtains he had hanging on his bedroom windows.

"Ugh," Javon groaned, climbing out from underneath his Spider-Man blankets. "Do I have to go to school today, mommy?"

Devin kissed his forehead. "Yes, baby. You have to go to school today."

Javon rolled his eyes in an adorable manner. "Okay, mommy."

He started to drag himself out of the bedroom, as Devin followed behind him. "It's just one more day and then it's the weekend."

"I know, mommy." Javon yawned, stretching his small body out. "But still.

"How about we go to Crazy Carlz next weekend or something? Does that sound exciting to you?" Devin smiled, as Javon nodded his head enthusiastically.

"I love that place! Can we please go mommy, please?" Javon begged, as Devin gave him another kiss.

"Anything for my favorite guy. Now, go get ready." Devin playfully pushed him towards the bathroom, heading off to the kitchen to make his lunch.

She was surprised to see Jazz awake, sprawled across the couch, scrolling on his phone. She didn't even bother acknowledging him, as she made her way into the kitchen and flicked the light switch on.

"Devin." Jazz's groggy morning voice filled her ears, as she grabbed the sandwich bread and a butter knife.

"Yes?" She answered, pulling open the refrigerator door as she grabbed the mayonnaise and bologna.

"I want to talk about last night." He said, as Devin shook her head.

"There is nothing to talk about, I said all I needed to say." Devin responded, as Jazz kissed his teeth.

"You don't think that you were a bit disrespectful to me?" Jazz questioned, as Devin's eyes went wide.

"I was disrespectful to you? Jazz, I can't even believe you, right now." She scoffed, shaking her head side to side.

"You know what, forget it." Jazz mumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Okay. Javon and I were thinking about going to this amusement park thing next weekend. You still have to go, but you're welcomed."

"Nah, I'm gunna be busy that day." Jazz scratched his chin, deep in thought.

"Uh... Okay. Well, I'll just finish getting us ready then."

She walked out of the kitchen, going to her bedroom to pick out some work clothes. She settled on some black dress pants, a green button up shirt, and her pumps to add to it. She threw her naturally curly hair in a ponytail, adding a bit of makeup on her face before she decided to check on Javon. Once he was all ready to go, they started to make their way out the door to work and school.

"Say bye to daddy, Javon." Devin told her son, as he ran over to Jazz on the couch.

"Bye daddy, see you later." Javon pushed his glasses up, as he wrapped his arms around Jazz.

"Bye, little man." Jazz grunted, letting Javon walk back to the front door. And with that, they both went on and about their day as usual.