| Chapter 25. |

"Morning, Rio." Cameron grunted to his best friend, watching as Mario inhaled the cigarette tucked in between his two thin lips.

"You're up? That's a first. You're usually sleep at this time on your day off." Mario remarked, turning around and giving Cameron a welcoming fist pound.

Cameron returned the pound. "Yeah, but I'm taking Devin to brunch."

"Damn. Things are getting kind of serious with you two, aren't they?" Mario raised a eyebrow, as Cameron nodded his head in agreement.

"I didn't want to admit it, but yeah, they are. She's all that's ever on my mind nowadays and I haven't been this into a woman for a long time." Cameron answered, shaking his head no to Mario whom held the cigarette out to him.

"I'm glad it's going well for you, brother. Any woman that gets you up before 2 in the afternoon has to be someone you're into," Mario laughed. "So, have you told her yet?"

"Uh," Cameron twisted his face into a confused expression. "Told her what?"

Mario's jaw dropped in shock. "You still haven't told her that you're her therapist? Cam... bro. That's beyond fucked up."

Cameron sighed, staring at the floor instead of looking at the disappointed look that Mario was giving him. Don't get him wrong, he was tempted to tell Devin and just get it over with. He knew that she was bound to find out the truth about his lie sooner or later.

Especially, when they were getting closer and closer and he was getting to know her on a more personal level and vice versa. But each time he was getting geared up to do it, she would always tell him how lucky she was to have him. A gentleman that took her feelings into consideration. And then, his courage went away. He couldn't tell her anymore.

"Cam. Cam!" Mario shouted in his face, interrupting his thoughts.

"Are you listening to me?" Mario asked, as Cameron slowly nodded.

"I'm listening, Rio," Cameron groaned, dragging a tired hand down his face. "Matter of fact, I think that I'll take that cigarette after all." Cameron exhaled, grabbing the cigarette and inhaling the nicotine deep.

He needed this, or he was going to be stressed for the rest of the day.

"I'll tell her today, okay? I promise." Cameron licked his lips, before blowing out his sour smelling smoke.

"Alright, you better!" Mario yelled back, watching as Cameron made his way back down the hall.

After his talk with Mario, he took a relaxing 20 minute shower. Then got dressed in a pair of dark black jeans, a long sleeved gray T-shirt, a black pull over the head sweatshirt and a pair of Adidas.

After he was ready, he left his house to go pick up Devin. For the first time ever, she was actually on time and ready when he pulled up to her apartment building.

"Hey, beautiful." He greeted, leaning over and allowing Devin to plant a light kiss to his lips.

"Hey you, I missed you." She smiled, clicking her seat belt over her body as she got comfortable in his passenger seat.

"You know the feeling is likewise. You hungry?" Cameron asked, as she slowly nodded.

"Yeah, I haven't ate since last night." She sighed, Cameron pulling off the curb and driving down the street.

"Well, let's go fix that." Cameron smiled, navigating to the town diner. They rode in complete silence, until they reached the restaurant in 5 minutes.

They walked inside, holding hands as they waited in line for seats. The hostess soon appeared, a large smile on her face as she greeted them.

"Hello, welcome to Route 126 diner. Would you two like a table or booth?" She asked.

"Either or is fine, thank you." Devin replied, as the woman grinned and led them to a booth not too far from the entrance.

Their waitress came as soon as she left, allowing Cameron and Devin to order their drinks before she left them alone to talk.

"So babe, what are you ordering?" Cameron broke their silence, as Devin scanned the menu.

"Hmm, I don't know. Maybe a Chicken Caesar salad. You?" Devin replied, her eyes still focused on the menu.

"Yuck," Cameron teased. "Probably a burger and fries. How was the party yesterday?"

"Fine, I guess. I'm glad you were on the phone with me because I was bored out of my mind." Devin giggled, watching as Cameron snuck his hand across the table and grabbed hers.

"You know I don't mind," Cameron kissed her hand sweetly multiple times, Devin's face turning 12 shades of red. "Your worth every bit of my phone plan."

"Oh, Cam. Stop." She waved his comments away, as she blushed.

"No, seriously. You make me feel things that I've never felt for a woman before." Cameron spoke, as Devin gave him a warm smile.

"Really?" Devin's eyes sparkled, as she stared at her boyfriend.

"Really. And I wanted to tell you something. Before, you know... We get too serious." Cameron sighed, as Devin stared at him.

"Look Devin, I care deeply for you. Always have. And I see our relationship going extremely far in the future. But, first I gotta let you know something."

"Wait, Cam. Speaking of going far, I wanted to tell you something of my own first." Devin exhaled, before taking another breath.

"Cameron, I wanted to know... If you would like too... meet my son, Javon?" She questioned, finally picking her head up to see Cameron's reaction.

"You want me to meet your son?" He asked, dumbfounded.

"Well, yeah. I feel you we've come to the point in our relationship where I think you should meet someone important to me," Cameron kept his eyes on Devin, allowing his mind to run wild. "Because you're important to me."

He went silent, his thoughts going a mile a minute as he asked himself a million questions. What if Javon didn't like him? What if Devin broke up with him because he didn't do well with children? He's never even been close to this type of situation before.

"Cam baby, are you okay? I'm sorry I interrupted you. What is it that you were going to tell me?" She questioned, Cameron shaking his head side to side.

"Uh, it was nothing babe. I would love to meet Javon." He faked a smile, Devin beaming.

"Really?" Devin squealed, clapping her hands in excitement.

"Really." Cameron replied, meeting Devin across the table to give each other a sweet and warm kiss.

And although he seemed to be cool on the outside, Cameron was freaking out deep down inside.