| Chapter 34. |

"Cami, I can't fucking do it! I just can't." Devin rushed out, as she waltz through the door of her best friend's home.

"What? What's going on?" Cami questioned, giving Javon a kiss on the forehead before shooing him off to the back where Brian was waiting to play the wii with him.

"Jazz!" Devin sighed, taking a seat on the couch. "He hasn't changed, Mi. Not one bit."

"What do you mean he hasn't changed?" Cami raised an eyebrow, taking a seat next to her best friend.

"He's still the same cocky asshole he was back in high school," Devin scoffed. "Probably 10 times worse."

"Well, then why are you letting him stay with you?" Cami questioned.

Devin blew out another breath. "I guess because deep down in my heart, I still have love for Jazz. And I don't wanna see him homeless. No matter how many times he disrespects me."

"Mmm, I guess that I understand that. After all, he was your first love and you just had a devastating break up. You're vulnerable." Cami answered.

"Yeah, but I can't let him stay without helping. He doesn't cook, he doesn't clean, and he's straight up rude to me. It is taking so much strength too not slap the shit out of him." Devin ran a hand through her hair.

"Well, tell that nigga to get a job or to get out. That is your house, Devin. Not Jazz's. Just because he's back does not mean he gets to call the shots." Cami responded.

"Javon told me he didn't like him." Devin whispered.

"That might be true. But it's still his father and you got to remember Javon is seven. He doesn't like anyone that he sees being mean to his mom."

"Yeah. I know," Devin sighed. "Did you just call him it?"

"He's not worthy of being addressed as anything but. And look, just don't be the same girl in high school, Dev. You're letting Jazz control things and treat you like shit when you're not even together anymore. Tell him to get a job and then get his broke ass out of your house. Period."

"No. I'm telling him he gotta go. I don't even understand why he came back."

"His momma probably kicked his ass out again and he had nowhere to go. Either way, you're not his ticket. You should have kicked him out a long time ago. But ever since you met Cam, you've gotten this big heart. And that's what's preventing you from letting Jazz know what's up." Cami shrugged her shoulders in an 'I don't care' attitude.

"You're right, Mi. I'm getting Jazz the hell out of my house."