| Chapter 3. |

"Good afternoon, Miss Rodriguez." Devin quickly recognized the voice behind her, instantly causing her to turn around and pout.

The voice belonged to no one other than her co-worker, Isaac. Isaac was well known as the player at the bank. Or trying to be. He spent the past year trying to get with Devin, even though he was a 19 year old college student and she was 25 with a kid.

He was young, and she knew that all he wanted was sex. And while, she needed that, Devin just didn't mix business with pleasure. Besides, she wasn't used to dating white men and wasn't sure if she was ready to start.

"Hi, Isaac." Devin replied, following the person in the drive-thru's request and tossing some lollipops in the container as she greeted him.

"Hi, Isaac?" He fake frowned, mocking her bland tone. "That's all you have to say after you agreed to go on a date with my cousin?"

"What are you talking about?" Devin raised an eyebrow, before Isaac spoke again.

"Okay, not my cousin. But I know him. Marc Howard? Saw him at the coffee shop and he told me all about your date the other night, Devin. I got to say, I didn't know you had in you."

Sighing, Devin turned to face Isaac as she took a seat. "Did he tell you that he was boring as hell and kissed like a monkey? If not, tell him since he wants to gossip so damn much." Devin rolled her eyes, Isaac letting out a chuckle.

"Sheesh. That's how you're feeling?" Isaac smirked, as Devin pushed out her computer chair and stood up.

"I don't have time for the little kid shit, Isaac. I'm running late and I have to pick up my son from school." Devin unraveled the microphone from her neck, passing it to Isaac so he could take over.

"Your son?" Isaac repeated, as Devin glared.

"Yes, my son. Not news, I don't hide him." She growled in response, grabbing her purse and cell phone from the desk.

"I would love to meet the little guy." Isaac smiled, but Devin kept a frown on her face.

"I am not letting you meet my son so you can have a quick fuck and then not call me back." Devin snarled, as Isaac rested a hand over his heart, sitting down in the chair she was previously occupied.

"Damn, Devin. That hurts. Do I look like that type of guy to you?" He trembled his bottom lip, before Devin nodded her head. She wanted to leave but had to let her thoughts be first.

"No offense Isaac, but I've been around someone like you at that age and I can tell you that you are exactly that type. See you tomorrow." She didn't bother to hear his response, before opening the door and walking out of the room.

It was already 2:55 and Javon's school was at least 15 minutes away. She punched out of work on her way to her car, quickly climbing in. She started her silver Hyundai Elantra, driving right into the afternoon traffic.

She arrived at Javon's school 40 minutes later, pissed all the way off. She rushed out of the car to the front of the building, where she spotted Javon, at least 8 other students and 2 teachers.

The teachers didn't have anything to say to her thankfully and neither did Javon. He got into the car, pouting, not bothering to say a word to Devin.

"Hey baby." Devin greeted, once she got in the driver's seat again, receiving no response.

"What, are you not talking to me?" Devin glanced back at him, as he kept his straight face.

"You're late, mommy." He finally responded, Devin letting out a sigh.