| Chapter 6. |

"Okay and what happened, then?" Cami questioned, sipping her soda nonchalant. They were at the park trying to enjoy the end of summer before it really got cold. Devin's jaw dropped at the sound of the tone coming from her best friend, eyeing her with an annoyed expression. 

Running a hand through her hair, she shook her head lightly. "Then I left before that freak could take advantage of me."

Cami erupted into a fit of giggles, holding her chest. "Take advantage of you? Oh my God, Devin, please tell me that you are joking."

"Did you not just hear what I told you? That... doctor or whatever the hell isn't interested in helping me sort my problems, he's interested in what's between my legs."

"The Therapist. That's what they call him. And how do you know that can't help you?" Cami raised an eyebrow, as Devin stared at her.

"You knew that man was a sex therapist, didn't you?"

Cami nodded her head before parting her lips to speak. "Yeah, I knew. All the women at my job have been talking about him nonstop. Eileen dumb ass see him like every week. Apparently, he's some sort of miracle worker and we both know you need that."

"Cami, I do not need sex. I'm just fine," Devin waved to Javon, who was a few feet away playing catch with Brian. "I agreed to this to better myself for my son. I don't get how getting my pussy felt by some naked man contributes to that." 

"That's just it. I heard he really does get to the bottom of things. Apparently, he like, uses sex to open you up to emotions that you wouldn't admit to in other circumstances... which I think is probably way different than that little toy you're using to handle yourself." Devin rolled her eyes.

"And girl, after that call the other day, you definitely need some real stress relieving," Cami spoke, watching her best friend's reaction- which wasn't pretty- and putting a hand on her knee. "Dev, come on, I did all the research before getting this man card! Listen, he helps mentally, emotionally and psychically."

Devin sighed, mumbling under her breath. "I haven't had batteries in months."

"Point made!" She laughed. "Devin, what is wrong here? It's the perfect deal! You don't even gotta screw him! He helps fix your problems just with his fingers!"

Devin snorted at Cami's enthusiasm. "You researched this guy for me or for you? Because you seem a bit into it."

Cami pinched her playfully. "You, because I'm pretty desperate for your happiness at this point." Cami laughed, putting her head back to drink more soda. 

Devin laughed too, shaking her head while watching Javon as he slid down the park slide. "Okay, okay but still, the whole mask thing is still odd to me... He looks like he's going to the fucking ball of 1925."

Cami giggled. "Okay but, do you understand why he's wearing it, though? He's sparing your feelings. If you knew what he looked like, there's a possibility that you could fall in love with him or something. It's actually pretty smart," She stopped in thought. "I just wanna know if he's fine. You know, like the part you can see." 

"The part I see is a mouth. But, his eyes are gorgeous though, I always did love some color." Devin sipped her water bottle. 

Cami grinned as she glanced at her. "So, I say that's reason enough to go back. Promise you'll call and make another appointment?"

"But, Cami," Devin pouted her lips, turning to look at Cami again. "What if he has an STD or something?"

Cami finished off the rest of her soda can. "I honestly doubt it. There's plenty of women coming in and out of there- I would hope he keeps it clean."

Devin scoffed. 

"Dev, what do you have to lose? Seriously. It's sex without feelings. And in your case, there's nothing better than that." 

Devin nodded, twisting her head and beginning to watch Brian pick Javon up and spin him in circles, while the boy cried out in laughter. She smiled watching that. Then she looked to her left, letting out a breath as she thought about how right her annoying dearest friend was- self pleasure was nothing compared to just the touch of someone else. And it's been years since Devin felt a man's touch. Plus, there really was nothing to lose. It''ll be hard to catch feelings for a man whom she's never seen before. And clearly, no one else was banging down her door. 

"Dev?" Cami called her name, and Devin bit down on her lip before finally turning to her.

"Yeah. I'll call and make another appointment to meet the therapist again." She answered, letting out a deep shaky breath.