| Chapter 4. |

The next day, after dropping Javon off at school, Devin went back home and climbed right back into her bed. She was exhausted and was going to take advantage of her only day off from the week.

But of course before she could flutter her eyes closed, her phone went off. She rolled her eyes, already knowing it was Cami, because well, clearly Cami always seemed to call at the worst times.

"Hey Mi." Devin answered the phone, yawning.

"Hey boo, what you up too?" Cami spoke into the phone.

"Nothing, I was just trying to catch up on some sleep."

"Well, try that later. Let's get some breakfast." Cami answered, Devin turning on her stomach in the bed and closing her eyes.

"I don't know..." She soon replied, as Cami sucked in a sharp breath.

"Fine. I'll pay." Cami answered, and Devin instantly shot her eyes back open.

"In that case, I'll be ready in 30 minutes." She ended the phone call, climbing out of the bed.

She walked over to her closet, picking out an outfit to wear. She settled on some blue skinny jeans, a comfortable and nice pull over the head sweatshirt, and a pair of black UGG Tasmans.

She got dressed quickly, stopping in the bathroom to do her hair. Her hair stopped right above her breasts and was naturally wild and curly- like Javon's but only looser. She brushed her brown hair back, tossing on a black cap and deciding not to wear any makeup. After all, it was just breakfast with her best friend.

She grabbed her keys and her phone, seeing that Cami left her a text to come pick her up at her house and drop her off at her job after breakfast because Brian was picking her up from work later on since he had the car.

Devin quickly replied back, leaving her house and walking straight to her car. She hopped in, playing with the radio before she pulled out of the lot.

She arrived at Cami's house no less than 10 minutes later, and waited inside the car for her to come out. Soon, her best friend stepped out of the house, wearing a creme colored blouse from forever 21, a tight mini skirt and cute peeptoe heel booties to match.

"Hey." Cami greeted, Devin giving her a small head nod as she drove on to the street. They rode in silence, Devin already knowing where they were going to eat.

She parked at the local town diner, following behind Cami as she lead the way inside. She felt under-dressed but she knew that Cami was going to work afterwards, so it made her feel a little at ease.

"How many?" The perky blonde hostess greeted, before Cami flipped her long black weave over her shoulder.

"Just two. May we please get a booth?" Cami responded, as the woman nodded. She grabbed two menus and walked them over to their table not to far from where the front door was.

"Here you are, your server should be right with you." The woman spoke, as Devin slid into the seat. She smiled at the woman, before she turned and left.

"Hey, you look cute." Cami caught Devin's attention, as she lifted her gaze from the menu.

"What?" Devin looked like she didn't understand the comment, before Cami gave her a small reassuring smile.

"It's just, you never get a day off. So, it's cute to see you dressed down." Cami complimented, as Devin gave a small grin in return.

"Thanks, Mi." Devin replied, as Cami just shrugged her shoulders.

"Hey, what are best friends for?"

"Good morning, I'm Josie. Your waitress, can I start you two off with some drinks?" She popped her gum loudly, Devin instantly frowning.