| Chapter 24. |

Three weeks later and Devin hadn't seen her therapist. Her and Cameron were now a exclusive couple, (after she hinted at it) and she couldn't have been any more happy about it.

Cameron was everything that she could have ever asked for in a man. He was intelligent, sweet and on top of that, very handsome.

He differed so much from Jazz Lewis, not like she was comparing the two. And that was one of the things she liked most about him.

She had told Cameron how much Jazz had hurt her with his lies, and was almost positive that he wouldn't do the same as him. And as shocking and as quick as it was, Devin was falling for Cameron. And hard.

"Mommy?" Javon's squeaky voice filled her eardrums as she turned to face him.

He held two different sneakers in his hand- one a Jordan and the other Vans, as he placed them in front of her face.

"Which one am I wearing?" He asked, before Devin chose the vans.

"Wear these, baby. Are you excited to go to Chuck E. Cheese, today?" Devin inquired, fixing some eyeliner underneath her lids.

"Yeah, I'm excited Kevin invited me to his birthday party. But it would have been better at Kidz Cafe." Javon answered, plopping down on the floor and tossing the sneakers on.

"Well, your birthday is coming up soon too, baby. Maybe, you can go to Kidz Cafe for yours?" Devin put her makeup bag away as she walked over to her son and brushed his curls back.

"No, Kidz Cafe is where you take me, mommy. I don't want to take my friends there." Javon responded, Devin laughing at him.

"Alright baby, we'll figure something out." Devin put the brush away, before turning to glance at herself in the mirror a final time.

"You ready?" She asked, Javon nodding his head. He ran out of her sight for a minute, but soon returned with his gift for Kevin.

Devin grabbed her keys off the counter, latching her hand onto Javon's small one as they made their way towards the front door and out the apartment.

They climbed into her car, the radio blasting. She switched the station to one that played appropriate songs that she approved of Javon listening too.

"Girl, I want you to know..." Trey Songz sung the catchy song with Lupe Fiasco as Devin started driving towards Chuck E. Cheese.

The famous children's entertainment place was very close to Devin's house, and within 15 minutes- her and Javon were already in the parking lot. Javon nearly ran inside, only stopping at the rope because the workers needed to make sure that they were invited. Devin ran behind, smiling at the worker as she appeared a bit out of breath.

"We're here for Kevin Brown's 7th birthday party." Devin blew out, as the person standing guard looked down at the booklet.

"Alrighty. You can come right in, let me just stamp your hand there." The young man spoke, pulling out a purple stamp and placing it on both Devin and Javon's wrist.

He opened the rope, letting them inside. Javon instantly spotted Kevin, running over to his best friend. Kevin Brown was a cute and small Caucasian boy with a wide smile. He was half of Javon's size, with pin straight blonde hair.

"Javon!"

"Kevin!" The two young boys shouted at each other, Devin walking over to the two parents that stood next to Kevin.

"You must be Javon's mother, I'm Amy." The middle aged mother spoke, reaching her hand out and shaking Devin's.

"And this is my husband, Kevin sr." Devin smiled at the gentleman, shaking his hand as well.

"Devin." She replied, as they both smiled at her. She looked around and saw that the other parents that attended were all older than her as well. At least 10-15 years older. That already killed her mood.

"Javon's father couldn't make it?" Kevin asked, as Devin slowly nodded her head. She didn't want to start a fight that wasn't worth it, because apparently Javon having a father meant a lot to these people.

She shook her head, before turning away and taking a seat at a table a bit of a distance away. She felt her phone vibrate, and took the time to pull the device out. She had an incoming call from Cameron, and didn't waste any time answering.

"Hi." She spoke, before she heard his husky voice.

"Hey beautiful. What's up?" Cameron answered back, Devin instantly smiling.

"Nothing, just at a birthday party with Javon for one of his friends." She replied.

"Oh, cool. Well, I was just calling to hear your voice. I miss you." Cameron said, Devin giggling.

"Aw, me too." She blushed, waiting for his response.

"And your lips," Cameron winked, Devin not being able to see his smirk. "Might miss those the most."

"Oh yeah? Feelings mutual."

"So, what we gonna do about it?" Cameron teased, Devin biting down on her lip.

She looked around before answering. "Well, first. I want you to grab me and..." She started, her favorite sound interrupting her.

"Hey mommy?"

"Javon!" Devin screamed, dropping her cell phone on the floor before she turned to look at her son. Javon gave her a confused look, before reaching down and picking up her phone for her. She immediately hung up on Cameron, turning back to her son.

"Hey, baby. Uh, what... What did you want, baby?" She sighed, as Javon stood next to Kevin, eyeing her in an unreadable moment.

"I wanted to tell you Kevin said you were pretty." Javon laughed, pointing at his best friend.

"Oh. Um... Thank you, Kevin." Devin mumbled, watching as Kevin hid behind Javon in embarrassment. He peeked out from behind Javon, watching as Devin gave him a small smile and waved. Then, he ran away.

"Hey mommy?" Javon repeated, his hand on his chin as he watched his mother intently.

"Hey Javon?" Devin answered in the same tone as her son with a laugh.

"Were you on the phone with your boyfriend?" Javon played no games, questioning his mother.

"Uh, what? Baby... Why do you think I have a boyfriend?" Devin's eyes went wide as she glanced at her son.

Javon shrugged his shoulders. "Your face is always all red now. Like Brielle's when I play with her."

Devin sighed, her son being to smart for his own good. H's known her to go on dates but not actually have a solid boyfriend, so the fact that he could figure it out was amazing to her.

"What's his name?" Javon asked after a long and awkward pause.

"Why so many questions, Javon?" Devin grabbed her son, engulfing him in her arms as she kissed his face sweetly.

Javon laughed. "Because he makes you smile, mommy. So I wanna know his name."

She let him go, tucking a piece of hair behind his ear. "It's Cameron. His name is Cameron."

"When am I going to meet Cameron?" Javon asked the 20th question for the day, his tone changing when he said Cameron but she let it be.

"I don't know, baby. You want too?" She raised an quizzical eyebrow.

"Yup." Javon nodded in response, popping the p.

"Okay. Uh, baby... Why don't you just go finish playing?" Devin tapped his leg and he gave her a kiss, running off and disappearing to find his friends. He played his little heart out, her? All she could think about was the fact that Javon wanted to meet Cameron.