Ch. 14

Chika and I calmly walked back to the academy along the curb because we just felt like it, sometimes running along the road if we'd thought it was necessary.

"Woah! Watch it, Chika! Car!" I call after my hyperactive friend as she jumps out of the car's way in a knick of time, "Idiot..." I mumble.

She rushes over to my side and chuckles, "Heh, that was awesome, Akira - Chan!" She then takes my hand as we eventually decide to walk back along the pavement, taking a safer route.

~~~~*~~~~

We get back to Cross Academy feeling flustered and fatigued from a long night and by the time we got back, it was around 4:56PM.

As we walked past the gate, I spot Aido talking to Akatsuki through the window of the Moon Dormitory. I sigh as we head inside, literally running in so we don't get sunburned.

I shut the door and Chika waves to me as she heads up the marble staircase, "Seeya, Akira!"

Happily smiling, I return the gesture, "Bye bye, Chika!"

I watch her head back through the hallway, and I sigh as I head the opposite way, going to where I saw Aido and Akatsuki earlier to hear in on their conversation.

The whispers are low as I press my ear to the door, only hearing words barely audiable like 'she's back' or 'he'll never understand'.

I gasp at one point when I hear Aido whisper my name in a foul manner, like it was vermin rolling off his tongue.

Thoughts rush to my head of how I would suffocate him when I hear footsteps behind me, and a chirpy voice calls my way, "Akira-Chan! What are you doing here?"

Takuma approaches me as Aido and Akatsuki exit the door, glaring at me and crossing their arms as Aido begins to speak, "Oh, Akira. We didn't notice you standing right outside the door."

My eyes widen as I hear his words, and my body posture turns slightly to face them before I'm grabbed from the back and I feel someone grazing their teeth along my neck.

"You smell nice..." I hear a raspy voice say, putting togetehr that it was most likely Aido going demon mode, "Kaname would like to see you, is what I'm trying to say..."

Then he's shoved off by Takuma, and kicked to the floor, "Don't you ever touch Akira-Chan."

A smile creeps its way towards my face, and Takuma notices since he takes my arm and leads me towards Kaname's room, leaving Aido behind.

~~~~*~~~~

"My beautiful daughter! Welcome! Its been a while since we saw eachother!" The Headmaster exclaims as Takuma and Kaname walk in with me.

He then engulfs me in a huge bear hug, suffocating me, "Dad... Adopted daughter... And... Can't... Breathe..."

The Headmaster awakwardly itches the back of his head as he give me a sad smile, "I'm sorry, Akira, it's just that... Ever since Yuki and Zero left, I've been lonely."

That stung my heart and I lean into his embrace once more, not minding the fact that I couldn't breathe, "I love you, dad."

"I love you too, Akira." I hear him say before he pulls back and starts to sniffle.

"Were you crying?!?" I exclaim, watching him carefully as he seats himself in his chair and goes through some envelopes before pulling out a letter with a symbol engraved in gold.

"I was, but I don't think right now is a good time for reunion." He starts very sternly, and I immediately realise his eyes have gotten darker.

His eyes travel to Takuma and he nods, and Takuma exits the room as I seat myself in the chair across the table.

"So, Akira," he starts, shuffling a bunch of student files, "it seems that Daniel would like for you to move into a school with him."

My mouth goes agape when he mentions Daniel, "Wh-what? Why the fudge would he want that?"

Kaname then begins to speak from begind me, sounding experienced with this kind of stuff, "It's only necessary for two purebloods to be together, I mean, you'll both soon have an engagement."

...What...

He then continues, "You're probably thinking that it's gross, but since your vampire genes and his vampire genes were awoken by different vampires, it's only suitable now for a reunion."

The Headmaster then rushes a comment in, "When Aido had bitten you, that was when your vampire genetics were awoken, as for Daniel, we're still not sure."

I look down, my hands in my lap, "He was supposed to be dead."

When I look up, their eyes are wide, and I repeat it, louder this time, "I remember it all! Every single bit! Every single drop of blood that escaped his body, HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!"

Silence overtakes the moment, and tears spill down my cheeks, and for the moment, I couldn't take the pain, so I rush out through the halls, shoving aside people and heading outside where I find Takuma standing beside the fountain, watching the gorgeous sunset.

His head turns towards me as he hears my running footsteps and his smile vanishes when he notices the tears, "Akira, why are you-"

He stops as I embrace him, shoving my face into his chest and letting the sobs out, I felt safe in his arms, he's always been there, and I never did anything for him.

As I cry into his chest, he strokes my hair, "There there, Akira, let it out, you little munchkin."

Takuma doesn't notice, but I smile at the nickname he gives me, and we stand there until the sun sets, creating a sky of purple, blue and violet.

How beautiful...

This moment is beautiful...

He is beautiful...

BANG!

~~~~*~~~~

So, how was it all? Nice? Good? Crap? Tell me in the comments section below and I may dedicate one of these chapters to you!

Just be ready for more upcoming updates!

~Sam <3