Ch. 5

"I really don't want to think about it, Akira, so just wait and see." The Headmaster says in a low voice like it was a bad person he was speaking of. As he exited the room, he quickly turns around and adds, "Also, wear something nice..." With that, he leaves.

My thoughts all crash into my mind of who the person may be, probably an old friend... Or someone he has had a bad past with? Maybe a bully from Primary School, or maybe his parents.

Well, if he's 45, then his parents must be dead so that idea isn't worth crap.

I shake my head to myself and stand in front of my dresser, looking through a bunch of my clothing from last year and newly bought when I decide on a simple outfit of black skinny jeans and a plain white t-shirt.

I then go up in front of my dressing mirror and start to brush my hair and realize that The Headmaster didn't mention what time they'd be coming, so I quickly rush to the kitchen where I smell something delicious.

"Hea- I mean, dad..." The Headmaster's head snaps my way and smiles, "I forgot to ask when the.. Ugh... Guests were coming...?"

He simply shakes his head and walks towards me, arms open as if inviting me into a hug, "My little girl is all grown up."

I roll my eyes and push him off lightly, "Dad, I'm 16 now, so please," I say in a soft tone, "can you tell me when they're coming?"

I should probably call him dad or something more often because it feels nice to know that you have a parent.

"7:30, that's when they'll be here," he smiles and pats my head, "now off be with you! Go and do some more of those drawings of Takuma for me!"

I blush furiously before nodding and running back to my room and sit on my desk chair. I fumble for my sketch book in my shelf before having a moment of triumph when I find it.

As soon as I open it, I let my hand do the work along with the power of my mind, not having any second thoughts on what I was doing.

After what seemed like days, the doorbell finally rang and I hear the loud crashes of pots and pans in the kitchen, "Akira! Can you get it please?!" 

"Okay!" I shout back before reaching for the doorknob of my room door.

Just then, I see The Headmaster rushing to the door, "Never mind, Akira, I've got it." And he opens it in a hurry and smiles widely, "Oh hello, Takuma, Shiki, how lovely it is to see you both!"

My heart literally stops when my gaze meets Takuma's, but he simply smiles at me, "Yes, Kaien Cross, it's lovely to see you once again."

After Takuma greets him, and Shiki too, they both advance towards the living room, "Akira! Come and say hi to your friends!"

I laugh to myself at how The Headmaster treats me, or how he thinks I'm friends with those two blood sucking monsters.

Although, Takuma isn't much of a monster, more like a cuddly teddy bear, but Shiki... Oh god Shiki, the devil of devils, a living nightmare but still a good friend.

I've had my moments.

"I'm coming, dad!" I answer before packing up my stuff and rushing to the living room and see The Headmaster offering glasses of what looked like whine to them both before I realized that these people may not even know what wine is.

Eh, I've seen blood before. 

As The Headmaster gets up, his eyes meet mine, "Akira! There you are, you naughty girl! How rude not to say hello to our guests!" He then starts to wave a finger at me from across the room, and Shiki is laughing, clutching his stomach.