Ch. 19

I've been wanting to make a kind of fairytale ending, so I'm going to try it. Takuma's perspective here BTW.

~~~~*~~~~

I stand in her room and wait for something to happen, like a sign she's still here. Nothing happens.

The moon is still out, and once again, I'm missing classes. The time says 12:54, and I head downtown to her grave again, sitting against the tree and simply brething in and out.

Cold air flies past my face, and the trees rustle against its pressure. It doesn't really make a difference for me, it feels like I can't feel anything, anyway.

I notice a standing figure down by the pond, and her dark hair flies in the wind. She must have noticed me, because she turns around and my heart stops.

I stand up, backing against the tree breathing heavily, staring at the advancing figure. She looks so much like her...

The weather seemed to have been right on time since it started raining, there was lightning and hail started to fall from the sky.

She still moves toward me, and I finally accept the fact that she's there. I stride towards her walking body, and stop right infront of her face.

"Akira?" I whisper, loud enough only for us to hear, "Is it really you?" 

The rain makes her face look pale, and her hair is wet and soaking. I bring her in for a warm embrace before she pushes me away and stares into my eyes.

"Teddy bear, I am here, right when you'd thought I was dead?" She laughs, and it was one that sent shivers down my spine.

There's a moment of silence between us before she looks away and her smile vanishes, as well as all the tension between us, "What are you feeling right now, Takuma?" She asks me.

My breath catches in my throat, and for a moment, I can't breathe. Then, I remove every thought in my head and bring my lips to hers, and gently pull away.

I don't think she could do it anymore, because she smiles and walks away, slowly letting go of my hand and goes back to the lake.

Her slim, pale figure then vanishes beside it.

I guess this is the last I'll see her.