Ch. 10

"Ah, hello, Akira, I've been looking for you." Kaname states as he enters through the door, "Kaien Cross, as always, it's lovely to see you too."

The Headmaster laughs and awkwardly itches the back of his head, "Oh, the same to you, too, Kaname."

"I was just here for Akira, actually," Kaname says, looking into my eyes, "I hope it wouldn't be must disturbance if I borrowed her for a little while."

I turn my body posture back to The Headmaster and wait for his response, surely he wouldn't kick his own daughter out...

"Of course, Kaname, just be sure to keep her safe."

Nope, I'm dead.

"With pleasure." With that, he grabs my hand and pulls me through the door, keeping his neutral facial expression occupied, "I have some things to discuss with you, Akira."

Being the stubborn person I am, I immediately respond, "And what's it to do with needing me?"

He shakes his head an leads me through the gates of the academy, not speaking of any other words until we reach a plain, green meadow.

"I gave a promise to your parents," he says, pausing for a moment to look up at the sky, "and as you must already know by reading the book of your past, I was related to your mother and father."

He approaches me slowly and stops only inches away from me, "You look so much like your mother..."

With that, he starts to explain to me the promises he made to my parents, apparently one was to train me to become used to my powers.

"As pureblood, you inherit many powers, just like your brother did, until... That doesn't matter now, though, let's get started." He explains and does a little show-off example of what he means by 'powers' and lights a tree on fire, "You have a go," he insists.

I just stand there a while before giving the look which says, 'how am I supposed to do this?', and he sighs and explains to me how.

~~~~*~~~~

After a while, I finally get the hang of it and I am able to equip my ability of fire and weather enchancing, but even though that seems like enough, Kaname thinks I can do more.

So far, though, we know that I don't have the ability of Ice and Earth, so those two are absolutely out of the question.

"I still don't understand how these would help me in future, though..." I ask, and once again, the leture comes in, only he adds in how my performace with the Level E was too brutal, and I could have helped him.

That doesn't matter, though, he was about to kill that poor girl, and we're just going to let him live without consequences? I think not.

Apparently I had one more test and that included having a duel with Kaname. This all seems like too much for a first time, but he musn't care about it all, since he's a douche.

"Now, be prepared at all times, or else," he starts pacing around me in circles and then he continues, "there will be consequences."

With that note, he aims a ruge rock at me and it caught me off guard and I ended up on the floor within seconds, along with a huge boulder on top of me.

It left a bruise on my left cheek and a few scars on my arms, which stung a little but I continued until he was down.

"Well done, Akira. We shall head back now, it's almost daytime." He says and gets up, but when he looks at me, his eyes go wide before he smiles, "Regenerative Healing Factor."

Now that confused me, "What?"

As we walk back, he explains that Regenerative Healing Factor means that I could heal myself or others within seconds, and how did he know, you ask? Well, apparently my bruises are gone along with my scars.

Though, some of them still remain inside my mind, as well as my heart, which can't be healed.

~~~~*~~~~

As I enter the academy, I notice Aido and Takuma running - Well, Takuma, for that fact, was running, Aido was just walking in a way which showed he was laid back and relaxed.

"Lord Kaname! Your assistance is required-" takuma stops when he sees me behind Kaname and slows his running pace, "Oh, hello, Akira..." He blushes and I giggle, approaching him slowly and looking into his eyes.

I felt his breath on my face, it smelt like mints, and for a moment we were so close to kissing again, I close my eyes and wait for it to happen...

"Ahem." Aido clears his throat and pushes us two apart, "No kissing infront of me, okay? Take this somewhere else, please."

Takuma chuckles and I head off, showing a small wave and blushing before running off into my dormitory.

~~~~*~~~~

I know this is kind of short, but it's better than nothing, and it makes sense! Amazing! Well, thanks Author-Chan for this update-edit!

But really, please vote, comment and share for more updates and interesting close calls of romance! <3

Once again, notify me of spelling errors, I'd respect if you'd help out. :)

And as always yours,

-Sam <3