Chapter 50

Hi Guys...

The picture on the side is a picture of Hayden in her dress ->

The video on the side is the song that Jake sings, sort of ->

Just wanted to say quickly that this is the last chapter of The Nerd and I'm guessing this is the one that everyone's been waiting for so I hope you enjoy it :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Nope absolutely not”

“Hayden come on” Becki said whilst looking at me. I shook my head with my arms crossed over my chest.

“No it’s too tight” I said whilst looking at the dress in Becki’s hand.

“Hayden you bought it”

“I know and I’m taking it back”

“Well what will you wear?”

“I won’t go I can still ring Jason and tell him”

“Oh no you don’t” she said before grabbing hold of my hand and stopping me from grabbing my phone. She looked at me with a disapproving look. “Ok you asked for it” She said which confused me a little bit. She let go off me and walked towards my bedroom door.

“CALLY, EMILY” Becki shouted which confused me even more. I sat on the bed and waited for whatever Becki was up to. I thought about Jake and when he had been released from hospital. Supposedly he was fully healed now. I’d seen him a little bit since he’s been home but Emily and Alex have mainly been round there a lot helping him out. Every time I’d seen him he never brought up what he was going to tell me that day in the hospital. Thinking about it too much would start to make me feel confused so I decided to stare at Becki and try and decrypt what she was up to. After a couple of minutes of sitting on the end of my bed I saw my mum and Emily come in.

“She’s refusing” Becki said. My mum smiled at me softly and sat at the side of me.

“What’s wrong?” she asked me softly.

“My dress... it’s too tight” I mumbled.

“Sweetie you look beautiful in it” she whispered whilst moving some of my hair behind my ear.

“Really?” I asked hesitantly. I’m not used to all of this and dressing up just for one night.

She smiled and nodded at me. “Really” I nodded and took a deep breath before standing up and walking towards the bathroom to get a quick shower.

When I had finished my mum helped fasten the corset up at the back of my dress. I pulled my hair all to one side and brought it over my shoulder. My mum had helped curl it before and applied a layer of bronzing pearls and blusher so when they took the pictures I wouldn’t look pale. I didn’t really want to wear any makeup as it wasn’t me and I didn’t feel comfortable. I slid my dolly shoes on and stood in front of my mirror. Was that actually me? My mum walked over carrying the jewellery that I had picked out for my dress. Surprisingly it was the necklace and bracelet that Jake had bought me. I picked my hair up whilst my mum reached around me with the necklace. When she had clasped it together I felt the coldness of the small chain on my skin. I let my hair go and reached up for the necklace. It brought back the special memory from London. I turned around and faced my mum who had a tear slowly sliding down her cheek.

“Thank you” I whispered to her whilst wrapping my arms around her. I released her and saw her eyes were even more watery now.

“I’ll wait downstairs for you” she whispered before walking out of the door. I took a deep breath and turned back around to look at myself.