Chapter 17

Hey guys...

Someone has recently asked me a question about the age of Hayden and how she was nearly at College when she is so young but I'll explain in now and hopefully it'll help you guys understand. :)

Due to my story being sent in England it means that in year 11, your last year in High School, the starting age for that is 15 and you finish when your 16. Then you can go to college if you want to, which I do, and you start college at 16 and finish after 2 years so your 18. Furthermore, then you can go to university for either 3 or 4 years depending on the length of the degree you choose. Hope that helps :)

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ring ring... ring ring

“Hello?” I heard a deep voice on the other end.

“Blake... Hey it’s Hayden” I said through the phone.

“Oh... Hey what’s up?”

“Urm... are you doing anything tonight?” I asked quietly.

“I knew it wouldn’t be long until you rang me for a date SO where do you wanna go dinner, movie or dinner and a movie” he said whilst trying to sound serious. I laughed at him.

“None of the above”

“You know your rejections hurt” I laughed at him until he started to join in. “It’s Friday soooooo... I’m not doing anything.”

“Could you take me to the garage please?”

“Of course send me your address and I’ll be there in 5... Ok?”

“Ye ok”

I disconnected the line and sent him my address by text. Whilst I waited for him I sat in the living room going through my school books making sure all my homework was completed. I looked out the window and saw a Mazda pull up on the front. I put my books back on the coffee table and grabbed my phone and front door keys off the table before walking outside and locking the door.

“Hey” Blake said as I climbed in the passenger side.

“Hi” I replied whilst putting my seatbelt on. He started to drive away from my house.

“So you wanna work on the car?” he asked.

I laughed “Ye I’ve kinda got obsessed with wanting to work on it.”

“Hey we do especially if it’s to do with our racing cars”

“Wait you don’t race in this?” I asked pointing around the car which made him laugh.

“God no... I mean I love this car but I gotta say my baby is my racing car.”

“Well what car do you race in?”

He laughed “To find that out you’ll have to come to a race won’t you”

“Are you serious? My mum would kill me if she found out that I was anywhere near a race track”

“That’s why you don’t tell her”

I sat there for a moment and thought about that. Not telling my mum where I was going... I mean I would love to go and watch a race but... I couldn’t lie to my mum.

However, if you think about it your mum’s away most of the time just ask when they have the next race.

“When’s the next race?” I asked.