Chapter 48

Hi Guys...

The picture on the side is a picture of the race except Jake's streets, as your reading the chapter you'll understand why I've not got Jake's part attached to the picture ->

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Good luck” I whispered in Jake’s ear before letting him go like I had done with all of the other guys. At the moment we was all stood in Holly’s garage as we had been there all day making the last alterations on the cars and fitting cameras in them.

“Hey make sure you stay close to Holly” Blake told me. I nodded before I turned around to walk outside towards Holly’s car and saw Becki and Jamie hugging. I stayed where I was for a minute and let them have their little moment. When I saw Jamie turn around and walk towards me I smiled at him before walking towards the car. I climbed into the back seat with Becki and waited for Jason and Holly. Scott had told Jason what had happened to Jake and the threat so Jason had been acting as if every little thing was going to hurt me which just made me roll my eyes.

When they climbed in and Holly turned the ignition on we started to drive towards the finishing line which was the old abandoned warehouse, right at the bottom of Haywood. After at least half an hour we arrived at the finishing line. We climbed out and due to where Holly had parked meant we could just climb out of the car and we was already stood at the side of the finishing line. I saw Holly walk right up to the metal barrier and hold a sort of tablet in her hand.

“Holly what’s that for?” I asked curiously whilst looking over her shoulder.

“Well the cameras that we installed in the guy’s cars before are all wirelessly connected to this tablet. Therefore, I can see the front and back view from every one of the guy’s cars. Also, I have a little mini microphone so I can talk to them and a tracker in each car which is on this map...” She said whilst opening an app which showed a map with four little different coloured dots slowly moving. “I can tell the guys which route would be best for them even though they have a sat nav with them”

“So you’re like their personal sat nav?” Becki asked her.

“Kind of” She said whilst flicking through a couple of things. I turned to my right and saw a huge crowd full of muscular men and girls who looked like they were just wearing underwear.

“How are they not cold?” I said to Becki whilst we both looked at the girls who were literally hanging off any guy they could find.

“All I can say is I would be freezing” She said shaking her head.

“I don’t think they look that bad” I turned around to see Jason stood behind me whilst his arms wrapped around mine and Becki’s shoulders.

“You would say that you’re a guy” I said shaking my head at him.

“Ye but there ok to have a bit of fun with right” He said shrugging. Becki went to say something until Holly interrupted us.

“Guys quiet... the race is starting.” She said before turning back around to look at the tablet. We all walked over to Holly and looked over her shoulder so then we could watch the race through the cameras from the car. “Scott can you hear me?” Holly said into the microphone that was wrapped around her ear and came down in front of her mouth.

Scott’s POV

“Scott can you hear me?” I heard Holly ask me through the microphone.