Chapter Six "Sarah's Flashback"

Very soon, the sun went down and the moon started to peak into the great beyond. Sarah layed on her bed, viewing from her window. Ring, ring! Sarah almost immediately picked up the telephone.

"Ello?" She answered. No response. Sarah spoke again.

"Hello?" She can feel substantial breathing through the telephone and her heart is now pounding through her chest.

"N-nancy?" Sarah trembled. Suddenly, the other person hung up. Sarah put the telephone down and layed on her bed, befuddled. Is it safe to say that it was Nancy? Perhaps it was a prank call? But who might call her this late at night?

Ring, ring! Sarah snatched the telephone and shouted into it.

"Who is this?!" She could hear laughing on the opposite end.

"Geez, chill out." Bonnie said. Sarah rolled her eyes.

"What's with the prank calling? I was trying to rest!" She pouted.

"Prank calling? I was simply calling to invite you over. Me and Rochelle, we miss you." Bonnie clarified in a confounded voice.

"Pause... so you didn't call before?" Sarah inquired.

"Not a chance." Bonnie said.

"Okay, I'll be over soon." She hung up the telephone.

Later that night, Sarah touched base at Bonnie's home. She strolled upstairs and saw the girls sitting on the floor. Sprawled out on the floor were candles, crystals, and roses. A delicate jazz melody played on the stereo. Sarah looked with perplexity.

"There you are, Sarah. I called like an hour ago, where were you?" Bonnie asked, concerned.

"Sorry, I got hung up on something. What's going on?" She asked. Bonnie looked at Rochelle as though they were keeping a mystery from Sarah.

"Well, uh... Bonnie is playing out a love spell." Rochelle said.

"ROCHELLE!" Bonnie yelled, smacking her friend's arm.

"Sarah should know what we're up to. After all, she helped us recover our powers." Rochelle looked at Sarah.

"Who's the love spell for?" She wondered. Bonnie blushed and answered, "It's a kid in our grade. His name is Mitch. He doesn't know I exist, but he will when school starts back up."

"Oh, is that so?" Sarah said in a sarcastic tone. Bonnie frowned at her friend as she droned a few words. Abruptly, Bonnie's crystal emitted a supernatural sound that no human ear has ever heard before, and it was loud and it blasted like thunder, conflicted like lightning.

"Good lord." Bonnie mumbled. Sarah and Rochelle both remained in stun.

"I think it worked..." Bonnie stated the obvious.

"You think?" Rochelle said sarcastically.

"Guys, I don't mean to interrupt but, we have to talk. I got a call before, just before Bonnie rang me. I think it was Nancy." Sarah talked delicately. Rochelle and Bonnie took a gander at one another and gasped.

"Shit, really? What'd she say?" Rochelle inquired. Sarah stopped for a minute.

"She didn't say anything. I just recognized her breathing. I swear." She answered, playing with her hair.

"That's creepy as hell!" Bonnie stated, drawing nearer to Sarah.

"I know. That is the reason we have to go find her soon, before she..." Sarah's voice drifted off when she had a flashback to a year ago.

It was a stormy night, and the hints of rain falling on the rooftop and the thunder played like an orchestra. The skies were dim, and fog lifted up the windows of Sarah's home. The breeze wailed as it sliced at the skeletal trees as the thunder continued to sound like titans overhead. A savage storm was blending and anybody with sense would hide away under the covers and wait for it to stop. With the exception of Sarah. She remained before her enemy, chanting a spell to bind Nancy of her powers. Nancy had a dangerous look all over, snarling and going on the defensive as she slowly stepped back her ex-friend. She pulled out a knife and jumped forward.

All of a sudden, Sarah snapped back to reality.

"Shit." She mumbled.