Chapter One "The Phone Call"

Ring, ring! Sarah runs downstairs and picks up the telephone phone.

"Hello?" Sarah asked. There was overwhelming breathing on the opposite end. Sarah asked once more.

"Who is this?" Then, she heard a familiar voice.

"Sarah Bailey! I'm so glad I got a hold of you." Bonnie exclaimed. Sarah had a confused look all over.

"Bonnie? It's almost late, why are you calling?" Sarah asked into the telephone.

"Gee, I thought you'd be a bit more excited to hear from us." Another recognizable voice answered. Sarah's mouth opened in astound. She hadn't talked with these two girls all summer.

"Oh, hi Rochelle. I knew I recognized your breathing." Sarah giggled.

The girls quit talking for a minute. Then, Sarah had finally talked.

"W-why are you guys calling anyways?" She asked softly. On the other end, was silence.

"Bonnie? Rochelle? I can hear you breathing. What's going on?" Sarah rolled her eyes at the awkward silence. She fiddled with the telephone string and sat tight for a reply.

"Nancy escaped." Bonnie stammered in fear. Sarah's jaw dropped and she unintentionally tumbled to the ground. She grabbed the telephone and shouted.

"You're kidding? Nancy Downs!? THE Nancy that tried to kill me? That threatened to hurt YOU?" Sarah shouted. She stood up and walked over to the TV, and turned it on. On channel KCAL 9, there was Nancy's mugshot alongside the time and place she escaped. Sarah Bailey froze in fear. She mumbled some words and the television magically turned off. Shocked, she finally sits down and calms down.

"Sarah are you still there?" Bonnie asks. Sarah gestured and talked into the phone.

"I just can't believe it. After everything I did. I summoned Manon's spirit. It helped me bind her from practicing witchcraft." Sarah spoke slowly.

"Well, that's a good thing, right? She can't hurt us with her powers anymore." Rochelle stated, attempting to stay positive. Sarah shook her head.

"She could always get them back. Plus, Nancy doesn't need witchcraft to kill us." Sarah breathed profoundly into the telephone. Bonnie and Rochelle sat quiet for a couple of minutes.

"Then what do we do?" Bonnie asks, unmistakably frightened. Sarah looked outside and contemplated in her own particular thoughts. She swallowed, at that point had a sudden thought.

"We'll have to find her before she finds us."