Chapter Two "The Spell"

Bonnie, Rochelle, and Sarah all agreed to meet in the park at midnight. So as to pick up their powers back, Bonnie and Rochelle must recite a spell under a full moon. It's the only way to regain their powers.

Sarah and Rochelle sat on the frosty, soil ground, encompassed by a few lit candles. It was 00:15, and still no sight of Bonnie.

"Maybe she forgot. Should we go on without her?" Sarah asked Rochelle. She shook her head.

"No way. We need Bonnie to- Oh look, there she is." Rochelle pointed. Bonnie strolled down the hill to her friends.

"Sorry, I like to show up fashionably late." Bonnie said with an egotistical smile. Rochelle and Sarah both rolled their eyes.

"And make an entrance." Rochelle included, chuckling. Bonnie snickered and sat close to her friends. Sarah made preparations for the spell and waited to conjure Manon.

"Why are we here tonight, girls?" Sarah asked, waiting for their response. Bonnie and Rochelle looked at each other and took a deep breathe.

"Nancy." They said in unison. Sarah gestured and gave each a candle. She slipped on her coat and pulled the hood over her head.

"We're here because we need to find Nancy. In order to do so, we need our powers. To defend ourselves from her. Who knows what mental state she's in right now? We need to act fast, and now." Sarah spoke delicately. Bonnie and Rochelle nodded in understanding.

They hauled out their spell books and started to murmur. The full moon shone over them and they continued to recount the spell.

"Oh spirit of the great Manon, please listen to my plea. I wish to be one of you so I can fly joyful and free. I wish for the power of air and water. I beg and plea for the power of wondrous flight as well as to wish anything I desire infinity. I ask for amazing agility, the strength of 10 men, and entrancing beauty. I plead and pray for my magical power to be heightened so every spell would work. Oh spirit of the great Manon I will ask only once more, for you to awaken the power buried so deep inside of me and let me have complete control of it. I thank you and bless you for listening to my calls. Please grant me this wondrous power." All three of the girls whispered. All of a sudden, a whirlwind passed by and leaves began falling once again the trees. The moon kept on sparkling down of their circle.

"Guys, shhh, listen. Its Manon. He's talking to us." Rochelle whispered, indicating the trees. Bonnie watched in awe as Manon showed them signs. At that point, they all had a vision of Nancy. The girls could detect her location. She was nearby.

"We need to go!" Sarah shouted. She snatched Bonnie and Rochelle's hands and kept running up the hill, the distance home.