XXIX

They soon rode to this solitary hillside where it was just the two of them...

Luckily, it wasn't really that steep. The stars twinkled and the city lights were bright. There was a good view of the city in front of them. Tequila had prepared a quite romantic picnic for them. A cool breeze blew and for once, Val did have a coat on. The moon shone brightly as they finished the picnic and silently stargazed.

"Those were all my favorite foods and snacks. How did you know exactly what to bring?" She asked as she lay down beside him.

He shrugged. "Instinct"

She playfully rolled her eyes. "It was Dad and Eggsy wasn't it? They were your Intel"

"Well I wouldn't really..."

"Tequila" she gave him a pointed look. Her blue eyes met his green ones.

"...."

"...."

He sighed in defeat "Fine they were my Intel"

Val shook her head amused. "I knew it. It's all lovely anyway. Thank you"

"You've been saying that the whole day"

"I know"

It was his turn to shake his head in amusement. He dusted his pants off and pulled her up with him. "How about a dance?"" He asked.

This caught Val by surprise. She didn't know he could dance. "Well, I don't hear any music"

He smirked saying "Simple problem to fix" he took out his phone and played a certain tune. He placed his phone on the ground and gestured to her with both arms open. "Come on"

With a smile, Val stepped closer to him. He placed his hands on her waist and she wrapped her arms around his neck as they swayed to the beat of the song. Their footings were carefully placed and practiced and their movements were perfectly in sync. It was all just perfect. There was complete satisfaction and peace between them. After everything crazy that just happened they finally get to be alone just like this.

It was silent for awhile as they just enjoyed the moment before Val couldn't help but bring up the topic.

"You can dance"

He wore a small smile saying "Didn't see that coming did you? It's going to be our own little secret"

Val shook her head with a small chuckle. "Okay then"

"You familiar with this song?" He asked her.

Val took a moment to listen to the lyrics. She recognized the song as one of her favorites.

"You're as smooth as Tennessee Whisky
You're as sweet as strawberry wine
You're  as warm as a glass of brandy
Honey I stay stoned on your love
All the time"

She nodded her head and he spun her around. "Tennessee Whisky. Yes I know this song. Why?"

"It reminds me a lot about you"

She tilted her head in confusion. "How?"

"Before you came, I was a kind off a hopeless situation. Got drunk almost every night, chains of cigarettes here and there, the daily dose of drugs and as you guessed. Different women in different nights too"

Val got slightly uncomfortable about his last mention although she did figure it out already. "Yeah I figured as much"

"But then you came. Just busted into my life with no permission and quickly stole my sanity from me. You weren't like any of those other girls. You were different. Up until now I couldn't point out what made you so unique. But I guess what made you so different is just that, you're you. And I love you for that"