XXI

Tequila felt himself freeze in place unable to make any sort of movement...

It was dark all around and he couldn't see anything.

That moment he realized he didn't have much left. They were still so much he desired to do. Still many goals he wanted achieve. Still many places he wanted to go. Still many new things he wanted to try. Still one more thing to confess.

That was high up his list as of this moment that he was being put in the cyro chamber. He was yet to tell Val how he felt. Yet he was too scared to tell her. The pain of rejection from her would be too much.

Yes. Agent Tequila who had been in death defying missions. Who had survived what most couldn't and had been through many types of pain. The stereotypical cowboy and resident bad boy of Statesman. Was afraid of one woman. He knew she always had an effect of him. But he struggled to admit it to her. Now he may never get the chance.

He still longed for her touch. Her smile that brightened up his day and questions the light of the sun. Her sweet melodious laughter. Her soft hair that flowed gracefully in the wind the way that people said could only happen in movies. He still wanted to feel his arms around her waist keeping her close and away from anything that could hurt her. He still wanted to hear her cute British accent in contrast with his Southern one.

But now it was dark and cold. His subconscious could tell. He was inside the cyro chamber. That was it. He thought. No more hope for him. Suddenly, he felt a hand hold on to his with a death grip. That person was definitely not letting go anytime soon.

He heard sobs and cries. Someone was crying. He couldn't identify the person. He didn't know someone could even be this attached to him. He had not such a tie as this to anyone. He was confused as to who this person could be and why were they so attached or worried about him? Until he heard that voice. That one voice he longed to hear all along. It was muffled. As if he was deep under water and she was on the surface trying to get to him.

"T-tequila? It's Val. I don't know if you can hear me but..." Val choked on a heart breaking sob. A sob that also made his heart break. He didn't want it like this. He didn't want to hurt her. To make her cry. At that moment, he blamed himself for putting her through this pain. Then he wondered, was this really Val? He understood she has a sweetheart personality but was confused as to why she was crying over him.

"Please" he heard her beg and he felt her warm hand on his cheek.

"Give me one more chance. I m-messed up!"

She messed up? No he messed up. He thought. He wondered where this was going.

"I should've noticed it earlier. I need you desperately. It sounds crazy because I've only met you a few days back and I'm sorry I didn't realize this earlier where you would be more alive and not half dead under ice to know but.... I love you"

He couldn't believe his ears. He thought it was probably just a dream but no. It felt too real. He knew. It really was happening. He had his doubts. Was it really Val talking to him? Was she really serious or just horsing around? It felt too legitimate to be just a dream or horsing around.

He heard her chuckle humorlessly. The chuckle used to bright and full of life. Now it was just dry and dead like the Sahara desert.

"It's funny how people only notice how much someone means to them when that person is almost gone. And you know, all this stuff suddenly just comes to you. You suddenly feel lovesick and it's like everything is fading away"

"I love you" she repeated "so you have to give me one more chance to prove it to you and to show you how much you really mean to me. I-if you leave, I don't know what I would do. I think I'd probably die too of grief or lose my grip on my sanity. This is just so much for me to take. To the world you may only be just another person. Just another blink of the universe. But to me, you mean the world"

She sounded so true. Sincere. Desperate. For him? He had a hard time believing that. He thought the chances of her wanting to end with someone of personality was bleak. But of course... Valentine Hart loved proving people wrong. He swore, he would do his best to hold on. To fight as long as he could. All for her. He needed to tell her that he felt the same. He couldn't leave her hanging.

That would be unfair to her. She asked for another chance. He would give it to her.

She felt her lips that he really wanted to kiss on his forehead and he could feel a bittersweet smile on his skin. "You wanna know another thing? Today's February 14"

February 14. Valentine's Day. Her birthday. He did this to her on her birthday. He felt the guilt eat him up from the inside. Slowly but surely consuming him. He made it a goal, that the first person he would look for when he wakes up, is going to be her. Well if he does wake up.

As Eggsy and Harry placed Whisky in the mincer sending him to his doom, they noticed something wrong...

Where was Val? They scanned the room in a quick and panicked manner and found her in a far corner, lying on the floor in a pool of her blood pale as a corpse. They immediately ran to her.

"Val!"

"Valentine!" They exclaimed simultaneously. They already lost Merlin. They couldn't lose her too.

Eggsy cupped her cheeks and Harry checked her pulse.

"Valentine please hang on. We can't lose you too. It's going to be okay" Eggsy spoke with his voice slightly shaking but gained no response.

Harry looked at Eggsy worriedly. "She has a pulse but it's faint. We have to get her back to Statesman and fast! Come on, I'll carry her and you support her legs" he ordered in a panicked manner using the table cloths to apply pressure to the wound and to slow down the bleeding.

Harry and Eggsy hurriedly carried her to the jet. Hoping they would make it there in time and that Val would hold on for as long as she could. But Val was slowly but surely fading off into the distance. They don't know how much time she had left. Harry placed her on the plane couch while Eggsy started the engine. He clutched his daughter's hand tightly a ghost of a tear falling from his face. His emotions were getting to him.

His daughter was slowly slipping away and he could feel it. He felt a sense of dread and desperation. He heard a sob that sounded alien and he didn't know came from him. He wondered when was the last time he felt like this. It was when his wife died. His world was crashing down on him and no one can save him or lift him out from the bone breaking and suffocating debris of life piled up on him, he could barely gasp for air, completely terrified of the darkness Valentine would be leaving him in if she chose to go. He held her cheek in one hand.

"Valentine Rose Hart, don't you dare leave me. Don't you dare do this to your father. Don't. You. Dare"

School is killing me. Like what the flip is with the Math test every two days like are you flipping kidding me I swear to flip I will flipping.... Ugh, you flippers you lil-
Okay I think I should shut up now. I have like a Geometry test tomorrow. I "studied" but understood nothing and nothing of which I read imprinted on my mind so I just procrastinated over Little Mix videos and writing a new chapter because that's just how dedicated I am to what people call an "academic" life. Pssh. You call it a "life"?

So sorry if the chapters start getting sucky because as lame as it sounds it's hard for me to write effectively when I'm frustrated and tired. Which is like every day in a frig school day. Siiigggh. When will it end? I am forever grateful to my editors and friends who help me make the chapter less sucky before I post it.

Its almost midnight here. I swear I should get more sleep.

Cheers!