First Encounter

Chapter Two

Emily's Point of View

School had ended on a bad note, as I walked out I ran into Noah, my ex, his friend Dylan (who I had had a small thing with) and some of his other friends. The other friends tried to strike up a conversation with me, but it was just awkward. So I hurriedly said my goodbyes and started to walk to the park.

I arrived around 2:25 and didn't expect Chris to be there yet so I sat down on a swing and waited for him. I heard footsteps and I looked expecting it was Chris. But it wasn't him. And soon I was knocked out of the swing onto the ground and kicked in the gut. I can't say I was surprised, once I saw Joe's face I knew it was coming.

Joe was a football player at my school and he hated "mutant band geeks" like me, so he said. His girlfriend, Hailey, also didn't like me very much and she would tell him lies, and he would beat me for them. It happened daily.

I tried to get up, but one of his friends knocked me down again. I then was pinned into the ground as Joe punched me repeatedly in the face. "Great", I thought, "how am I going to explain this to Chris".

About 10 minutes after they left, Chris finally showed up. He had a huge smile on his face.

"Hey little sis!" Chris said when he walked over to me.

I didn't look up or say anything when I heard him I just sat with my head down hoping I could play off being sick.

"Hey Chris" I finally got out when he sat down.

"How are you?" He asked slinging his arm around my back, he sounded concerend.

"I'm fine" I muttered.

"Really?" Chris questioned, "then why don't you pick your head up?"

He put his fingers under my chin and lifted my head to face him. I watched as his eyes got wide.